Description And Comments
Unofficial Guide readers usually rate Stitch’s Great Escape! at the bottom of all Walt Disney World attractions. This comment from a New South Wales, Australia, reader is typical:
My comments on Stitch’s Great Escape! are . . . It STUNK. It was the worst ride at Walt Disney World.
Guest response to this attraction is so overwhelmingly negative that Disney has stopped trying to improve it.
Stitch’s Great Escape! stars the havoc-wreaking little alien from the feature film Lilo & Stitch. In this show, Stitch is a prisoner of the galactic authorities and is being transferred to a processing facility en route to his final place of incarceration. He manages to escape by employing an efficient though gross trick, knocking out power to the facility in the process. One wonders why an alien civilization smart enough to master teleportation hasn’t yet invented a backup power source. The rest of the attraction consists of Stitch lumbering around in the dark while cheap sound and odor effects are put upon the audience.
Stitch’s height requirement is 40 inches (the same as Big Thunder Mountain Railroad) in an attempt to keep out easily frightened younger children. The fact that Big Thunder is a roller coaster and that this ride doesn’t move should be a warning to parents about its fright potential.
- This attraction offers FastPass+.
- Open for Morning Extra Magic Hour.
- Open for Evening Extra Magic Hours.
Stitch is more than enough to scare the pants off many kids ages 6 and younger. Parents, note: You’re held in your seat by overhead restraints and subjected to something weird clambering around you and whispering to you in a darkened theater. The overhead restraints will prevent you from leaving your seat to comfort your child if the need arises.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Stitch's Great Escape! when you visit on a day with a given Magic Kingdom Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Stitch's Great Escape! Wait Times.
- This attraction may be frightening for children.
- This attraction has a minimum-height requirement of 40 inches.
- This attraction offers rider swap.
Frightens children of all ages. 40" minimum height requirement; switching-off option provided.
- Handheld Captioning Available
- Video Captioning Available
- Assistive Listening Devices Available
- Must Transfer To Standard Wheelchair
Other Attractions in Tomorrowland
- Astro Orbiter
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Space Mountain
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
- Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
Touring Plans with Stitch's Great Escape!
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Junior Pirates and Adventurers Ages 4 to 8 - Day 2
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Standard Hours
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Morning Extra Magic Hours
|Opening Date||November 16, 2004|
|Scope and scale||Major Attraction|
Let us know.