Memory Maker Price to Increase

©Disney
©Disney

Attention Memory Maker fans! For guests wishing to pre-purchase the photo package, be aware that it will be increasing in price by $20 tomorrow, December 3, 2014.  This will increase the Advance Purchase option from $149 to $169 (plus tax). The non-advanced purchase price will continue to cost $199.

For those who are unaware, Memory Maker is a special photo package, sold by Disney, that allows for everyone to be in the photos. Guests can accomplish this by having their family pictures taken by Disney PhotoPass photographers at various locations throughout the resort that guests can then download when they return home. In addition, as part of the Memory Maker package, guests will be able to download on-ride photos too.

In addition, Memory Maker has seen many changes over the past few months. Recent additions to the package have included on-ride videos of certain attractions (like Tower of Terror and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train) and special enhanced Animated Magic Shots. Both of these options are available for guests who purchased the special package to easily download when they return home. One would suspect that these new additions are part of the reason behind the price increase.

For guests who would like to purchase Memory Maker, but at the cheaper price, you can still purchase the package today for the price of $149, plus tax.

Rikki Niblett

I am a co-host of the Be Our Guest Podcast and do lots of other fun Disney stuff all around the interwebs! You can follow me on Twitter or Instagram at @RikkiNibs or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/rikkinibs

12 thoughts on “Memory Maker Price to Increase

• December 2, 2014 at 7:33 pm

So is the non advance price also going up?

In any event, this stinks. I know they have added things, but they don’t add up to this increase for me. Also, SO many of the magic shots (static) seem to have gone away.

• December 2, 2014 at 8:01 pm

Thanks for the heads-up!!

• December 2, 2014 at 8:20 pm

We haven’t purchased Photopass (now Memory Maker) since the price went from $49 pre=purchase. I jut don’t see the value and I can’t see how The Disney Company is making any money off of this? Price goes up, fewer people purchase. Bring it back to $50 and see how many folks would purchase!

• December 2, 2014 at 9:15 pm

It can be a very good deal if you are able to share amongst a large group of people. Next trip – due to combination of things, I’m sharing with 15 people. Thanks to MyDisneyExperience and the Magic Bands we can all take advantage and only purchase one Memory Maker. My last trip we had 7 people and found it worth it for all the pictures we were able to get.

• December 2, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Just bought mine…had been planning on it anyway. I was told at checkout that my order wasn’t confirmed, and also got an email about that. About 20 minutes later I just received a confirmation email, so expect delays in the processing.

• December 3, 2014 at 12:05 pm

We were there before Thanksgiving and enjoyed memory maker for whole family shots in front of the Christmas trees at animal kingdom and Epcot . I was disappointed to NOT have Donald in our picture at Tusker House because it was a light rain . Then to discover at the Ohana breakfast – they do not take a picture.

• December 3, 2014 at 5:26 pm

We purchased the Disneyland version for the first time in August and it was TOTALLY worth the money (the advanced version was like $59). One thing we didn’t think of was how nice it was to get ride pictures every time we rode something, as opposed to trying to decide whether or not to buy the ride photo on the spot. We also found that when we showed the DL photographers our Photopass Plus lanyard, they took tons of time to pose us, do magic shots, etc. We ended up with over 200 photos from a four-day visit. We also got the picture package from Goofy’s Kitchen breakfast (included). When we got home, I was able to go online and make copies and add all the embellishments, including black & white shots, borders, close-ups, etc. In the end I had close to 400 digital shots on the disc when it arrived. I made a book through Shutterfly for less than half what the Disney site charges, and now I can make my Christmas cards from those shots because I have everything digitally. Would do it again in a minute.

• December 3, 2014 at 6:24 pm

We get DVC and AP discount so was great for our last trip with three other families so we all paid a quarter each and had 400 shots, Mine train Halloween Party matching t shirt video of 15 of us and TOT videos. Great value if you can do that; for one family and for us next time, astronomical and not affordable , sorry- even with the good UK exchange rate.

• December 9, 2014 at 1:19 pm

I called today and was still able to get it at the old price of $149.

• December 9, 2014 at 2:08 pm

great thanks for the tip!

• December 9, 2014 at 2:56 pm

fyi – I just called and they would not budge on reverting the pre-purchase price.