This year’s EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival kicks off on March 3 and will feature some fan favorites, as well as some great new things for Guests to experience. Let’s take a look at the fun for this year’s festival!
One of my favorite things each and every year are the gorgeous topiaries that can be found throughout the park! These floral sculptures are works of art and impress me with their detail. This year, Guests will find:
- Sorcerer Mickey Mouse, Broom, Ostriches, Hippo and Mushroom – Main Entrance
- Woody, Bo Peep and her sheep – Future World West
- Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and Goofy – Between Future World & World Showcase
- Pluto and Chip ‘n Dale – Between Future World and World Showcase
- Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Huey, Dewey and Louie – Showcase Plaza
- Buzz Lightyear – Future World East near Mission: SPACE
- Figment – Future World West near Imagination!
- Topiary Butterflies – Future World West
- The Three Caballeros (Jose, Donald and Panchito) – Mexico Pavilion
- Anna and Elsa – Norway Pavilion
- Troll – Norway Pavilion
- Dragon Topiary – Japan Pavilion near Torii Gate
- Pandas – China Pavilion
- China Zodiac Topiary Garden – China Pavilion in front of Nine Dragons
- Simba and Friends (Rafiki, Simba, Mufasa and Sarabi) – Future World West
- Snow White and Dopey – Germany Pavilion
- Lady and the Tramp – Italy Pavilion
- Beauty and the Beast – France Pavilion
- Remy – France Pavilion
- Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy – Between United Kingdom and Canada Pavilions
- Peter Pan and Captain Hook – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Winnie the Pooh and Friends – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Tinker Bell and Fairy Houses – United Kingdom Pavilion
- Bambi and Friends – Future World East near Mouse Gear
EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival Global Gardens
In addition, there are also multiple global gardens, from gorgeous flowerbeds, exotic gardens, and ways to learn about how we can live in harmony with plants, as well as learning more about sustainable foods. This year there will be more than 20 different garden areas all across EPCOT. These will include a bamboo garden in China, a tropical rainforest garden in Mexico and the English Tea Garden Presented by Twinings of London in the United Kingdom. A fan favorites garden is The Goodness Garden Butterfly House because you can actually view butterflies flying all around you! Here are this year’s gardens for Guests to be able to enjoy:
- Outdoor Escapes Presented by OFF!® Repellents at Future World East – See just how easy it is to create an outdoor escape that brings family and friends together
- Floating Gardens – More than 100 floating flowers drifting on the ponds along the walkway between Future World and the World Showcase.
- Festival Blooms – Thousands of flowers that form colorful, living panoramas overlooking Future World’s East and West lakes.
- The Goodness Garden Butterfly House Presented by GoGo squeeZ at Future World West – See butterflies up close and learn about butterflies’ lifecycles and maybe even see one emerge from its chrysalis.
- (NEW!) Prehistoric Garden at Future World West – Imagine life on Earth 65 million years ago with astounding plant life that’s thrived since the age of the dinosaurs.
- Bold Bromeliads at Future World West by the Land
- Health Full Trail Presented by AdventHealth – Here the whole family can learn ways to stay healthy at this garden along the Imagination Walkway.
- The Honey Bee-stro Hosted by National Honey Board at Future World – Learn about honey bees’ critical role in the environment
- Tropical Rainforest Garden at Mexico Pavilion – Discover the rich biodiversity of the Mexican rainforest and learn about its highly adaptive species.
- Extraordinary Orchids at Mexico Pavilion – See these spectacular plants blooming in radiant color.
- Bamboo Garden at China Pavilion – See bamboo in a variety of colors, patterns and sizes.
- Chinese Zodiac Topiary Garden at China Pavilion – Celebrate the year of the Ox in this inspired display of Zodiac animals, made entirely from dried plant material.
- Alpine Miniature Garden at Germany Pavilion – Appreciate the little things in this showcase nestled in a forest of shrubs.
- Growing the Future presented by Murata Electronics at Germany Pavilion – Beginning in April, join our friends from Science from Scientists in a fascinating experience that explores how cutting-edge technology from Murata, paired with agricultural science, can transform the way we seed the future.
- Garden Italiano at Italy Pavilion – This Tuscan kitchen garden features all the produce and herbs needed to create a classic Italian feast.
- Kokedama Garden at Japan Pavilion – Admire fresh expressions of an ancient Japanese art at this tranquil garden.
- Bonsai Collection at Japan Pavilion – Learn about the ancient art of bonsai. Bonsai masters carefully shape and tend to these miniature works of art, creating peace and balance with the earth.
- Urban Spice Garden at Morocco Pavilion – Discover how Eastern cultures flourished, trading signature spices and herb blends, once considered more valuable than gold.
- English Tea Garden Presented by Twinings of London – Unearth the history and art of tea blending at this elegant English Tea Garden at the United Kingdom Pavilion, featuring plants used in some of Twinings’ finest tea blends.
- Shakespeare Garden at United Kingdom Pavilion – Rediscover Shakespeare in this garden, featuring excerpts from some of his most famous sonnets and the flowers that influenced them.
While we don’t have EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival menus yet, the Outdoor Kitchens are a big part of the event. This year, there will be more than 20 spots to choose from. I find that the food from this festival is usually the freshest and includes lots of fruits and veggies. Here are the Outdoor Kitchens that will be featured:
- Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market – Venture to Germany for Bavarian bites sure to sate foodies of all ages
- Cider House (Located in World Showplace) – Behold buzz-worthy ciders and artisanal provisions
- The Citrus Blossom – Enjoy subtleties of lemon, orange and lime
- Festival Favorites (Located in World Showplace) – Discover Guest-favorite dishes, microbrews and other beverages.
- Flavor Full Kitchen Hosted by AdventHealth – Enjoy flavors of healthy cuisine in this delightful eatery, featuring vegetables straight from the garden
- Fleur de Lys – Dishes that will make you fall in love with this Parisian stop
- Hanami – Innovative Japanese plates
- Jardin de Fiestas – A tour of the Mexico Pavilion
- The Honey Bee-stro Hosted by National Honey Board – all-natural food and drink infused with honey
- La Isla Fresca – Caribbean-seasoned dishes
- Lotus House – authentic Chinese eats
- Magnolia Terrace – comfort food inspired by the Gulf region
- Northern Bloom – Fantastic fare from our neighbor – Canada!
- Pineapple Promenade – tart ‘n’ tangy and some of the sweetest frozen treats
- Primavera Kitchen – Hearty helpings of Old-Country dishes served with a glass of vino
- Taste of Marrakesh – exotic flavors of this North African mecca
- Trowel & Trellis Hosted by Impossible™ Foods – Favorite foods created with some impossibly delicious twists
While the Garden Rocks Concert Series won’t be happening, there will still be live music. Voices of Liberty will perform an all-American a cappella showcase in the American Gardens Theatre. Also in that theatre, will be Mariachi Cobre who will share performances featuring world-famous Mexican folk music. The Jammin’ Gardeners will be performing rhythmic beats with inspired backyard percussion at the Canada Mill Stage. Last but not least, in World Showplace, enjoy the EPCOT Pianist who will be playing a selection of songs.
Returning once again to the EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival will be Spike’s Pollen-Nation Exploration. This springtime quest invites you to find the buzzzz-iest honey bee at Walt Disney World Resort. This hunt will cost $7.99 + tax. In addition, for the Easter season, from March 19 – April 4, you can also take part in the Egg-stravaganza Scavenger Hunt to find Disney pals and their oversized eggs all around World Showcase. The cost of this hunt will be $7.99 + tax.
EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival Merchandise
Guests can commemorate their visit with official event merchandise, including apparel, headwear, drinkware and much more, featuring Orange Bird, Figment, Minnie Mouse and Spike the Bee.
The EPCOT Flower and Garden Festival is available with valid admission and a park reservation for the same date. The festival will run until July 5.