The Christmas season is our absolute favorite time of the year. Growing up, one of the little things I loved most was getting an Advent calendar and counting down the days until Santa would be coming down the chimney. As I grew older, I had to leave Advent calendars in the rear view mirror,* but I still miss that daily countdown building anticipation to the big day. So, we’re going to start a virtual Advent calendar here at TouringPlans. For 2022, we are going to countdown our favorite drinks at Walt Disney World and the Universal Orlando Resort.
Criteria: Drinks can be alcoholic or nonalcoholic. Drinks can come from any venue on the property. Bonus points are awarded for the atmosphere where the drink is served. Any drink with glow cubes is immediately disqualified. Ready? Let’s go!
The Drink – Hawkes’ Grog Ale
Location – Pongu Pongu in Pandora – The World of Avatar
HAWKES’ GROG ALE – “Fruity Hop with notes of Apricot and Peach.”
In honor of the opening of Avatar: The Way of Water this weekend we are going to head into Pandora – The World of Avatar in Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Brewed by Terrapin Beer Company out of Georgia, Hawkes’ Grog Ale’s distinctive and unique look for a beer fit in perfectly with the alien environment of Pandora.
We have mentioned in previous drink of the day articles that were are HUGE fans of beers that are exclusively found at the theme parks, but what we like even more is when the beer taps are elaborately themed as well.
Another beer served exclusively inside Pandora – The World of Avatar is the Mo’ara High Country Ale, also brewed by Terrapin Beer Company.
Mo’ara High Country Ale is also served out of an E-Ticket beer tap.
Let’s take a look at some of the other “otherworldly” drinks offered in Pandora, including the DreamWalker Sangria.
25 Drinks of Christmas TouringPlans Brought to Me…
- Day 1 – Duck Duck Razz at THE BOATHOUSE
- Day 2 – Grown-Ups Lemonade at Woody’s Boathouse
- Day 3 – Yub Nub at Oga’s Cantina
- Day 4 – Isla Nubar in Jurassic Park
- Day 5 – Bam’s Barnstormer at Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar
- Day 6 – Santa’s Cookies & Milkshake at Toothsome Chocolate Emporium
- Day 7 – Lost on Safari at Dawa Bar
- Day 8 – SKYLINER SERIES Category 5 at Hurricane Hannah’s
- Day 9 – SKYLINER SERIES Almande Grog at Bar Riva
- Day 10 – SKYLINER SERIES Banana Cabana at Banana Cabana
- Day 11 – SKYLINER SERIES Boubon Breeze at PetalsDay
- Day 12 – Disco H2O at Endless Summer
- Day 13 – Lost Lanes Lager at Splitsville
- Day 14 – Grinch Hot Cocoa at Seuss Landing
- Day 15 – Blue Milk at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Day 16 – Hawkes’ Grog Ale at Pandora the World of Avatar
See you tomorrow for the next entry into the 25 Drinks of Christmas Countdown, where we are going to head over to Universal’s Sapphire Falls Resort. If you had fun, be sure to check out any of our other fun series including Theme Park Hills to Die On, the adventures of David & Derek (theme park’s Goofus & Gallant,) or the famous (infamous?) Theme Park Turkeys of the Year awards. for your listening pleasure, check out the Parkscope Podcast. Your humble author can also be seen producing typos at an inhuman rate on Twitter: @derekburgan
The 25 Drinks of Christmas series couldn’t be done without an All Star team behind us including world class photographers Michael Carelli, Brandon Glover, Scott Sanders, and Hedghehog’s Corner. The drink listing came from a double-secret blue ribbon panel comprised of SAT SIX Fun Squaders including: Megan Stump, Nitro230,The Man Formerly Known as @DrunkAtDisney, Bethany Vinton, Parkscope Joe and Parkscope Nick. As always, Digital Maestro Scott Walker was the cherry on top of the sundae.
*That is an absolute lie. I still buy an advent calendar every year with chocolates in it, and I also buy an annual box of Christmas Crunch, but we’ll keep that between us.