Description And Comments
Journey into Imagination takes you on a tour of the zany Imagination Institute. Sometimes you’re a passive observer and sometimes you’re a test subject as the ride provides a glimpse of the fictitious lab’s inner workings. Stimulating all your senses and then some, it hits you with optical illusions, an experiment in which noise generates colors, a room that defies gravity, and other brain teasers. All along the way, Figment (a purple dragon) makes surprise appearances. After the ride, you can adjourn to an interactive exhibit area offering the latest in unique, hands-on imagery technology.
Reader responses to Figment and Company are pretty consistent. First, from a Brooklyn, New York, family:
Figment was just plain weird - talking about five senses, then only introducing three, then the dragon singing . . . huh?
And from a Franklin, Tennessee, family of three:
You should put a bold notation next to the Figment attraction stating it should be experienced only if you are a HUGE Figment fan. We didn't even know who Figment was, and we all hated this attraction. After the Figment disaster, I had to hide from my husband the fact that I was selecting the next attractions based on your touring plan. He was convinced after the plan sent us to Figment that all touring plans were a waste of time.
Pleasant rather than exciting, the ride falls short of the promise suggested by its name. Will you go to sleep? No. Will you find it amusing? Probably. Will you remember it tomorrow? Only Figment knows.
The standby wait for this attraction rarely exceeds 15 minutes, so no need to use a FastPass+ selection here. You can enjoy the interactive exhibit without taking the ride, so save it for later in the day.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Journey Into Imagination With Figment when you visit on a day with a given Epcot Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Journey Into Imagination With Figment Wait Times.
- This attraction offers rider swap.
Other Attractions in Future World
- Captain EO
- Ellen's Energy Adventure
- Living with the Land
- Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot
- Mission: SPACE Green
- Mission: SPACE Orange
- Spaceship Earth
- Sum of All Thrills (in Innoventions East)
- Test Track Presented by Chevrolet
- The Circle of Life
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Turtle Talk with Crush
Touring Plans with Journey Into Imagination With Figment
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Epcot One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Two-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors - Day 1
- Epcot Late Arrival One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Late Arrival Selective One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Adults - Day 2
- Epcot One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot Afternoon Touring Plan for Future World
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Epcot
- Epcot Morning Touring Plan
- Epcot Unofficial Guide Two-Day Sunrise/Starlight Touring Plan - Starlight
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Early Riser Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 1
- Parent's Epcot Plan:1 Afternoon and 1 Full Day (Full Day)
- See all Touring Plans...
As of 8:09am EDT on 5/25/15
Party of 1
|Available for 11:50a, 12:20p, 12:40p, 1:10p, 1:45p, 2:20p, 2:35p, 3:20p, 3:45p, 4:15p, 4:30p, 5:20p, 5:50p, and 6p|
|Latest EP FP+ Availability|
|Wait per 100 people ahead||2 minutes|
When to go
|Opening Date||June 1, 2002|
|Scope and scale||Major Attraction|
Let us know.