Description And Comments
We learned in Disney/Pixar's Monster's Inc., that children's screams could be converted into electricity, which was used to power a town inhabited by monsters. During the film, the monsters discovered that children's laughter was an even better source of energy. In this attraction, the monsters have set up a comedy club to capture as many laughs as possible. Mike Wazowski, the one-eyed character from the film, emcees the club's three comedy acts. Each consists of an animated monster (most not seen in the film) trying out various bad puns, knock-knock jokes, and Abbott-and Costello-like routines. Using the same cutting-edge technology as Epcot's popular Turtle Talk with Crush, behind-the-scenes Disney employees voice the characters, and often interact with audience members during the skits. As with any comedy club, some performers are funny and some are not. A good thing about this attraction is that Disney has shown a willingness to try new routines and jokes, so the show should remain fresh to repeat visitors.
A Sioux Falls, South Dakota, mom is a big fan:
The Laugh Floor was great. It's amazing how the onscreen characters interact with the audience - I got picked on twice without trying. This should definitely be seen; plus, kids are able to text jokes to Roz.
The theater holds several hundred people, so there's no need to rush here first thing in the morning. Try to arrive late in the morning after you've visited other Tomorrowland attractions, or after the afternoon parade when guests start leaving the park. Laugh Floor is never a good choice for FastPass+.
Audience members may be asked to participate in skits.
- Video Captioning Available
- Assistive Listening Devices Available
- May Remain In Wheelchair/ECV
- Sign Language Interpretation Available
Disney Dish with Jim Hill
Monsters Out, Inside Out In
Theme park guests insist that Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor just doesn't belong in Tomorrowland. And if the Imagineers get their way, this unfuturistic attraction will be replaced with a new Pixar-themed show that draws its inspiration from Pixar's June 2015 release Inside Out, based on what really goes on inside the head of an 11-year-old girl named Riley.
Other Attractions in Tomorrowland
- Astro Orbiter
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
- Space Mountain
- Stitch's Great Escape!
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
- Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
Touring Plans with Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Adult One-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Tweens and Their Parents
- Magic Kingdom Happy Family One-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Selective One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Seniors
- Magic Kingdom Happy Family Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Younger and Older Children
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Touring Plan for Families with Pre-Teens
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Grandparents with Small Children
- Magic Kingdom Late Arrival One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Adult Plan-One Afternoon and One Full Day - Full Day
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Dumbo-or-Die Touring Plan - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Parents' Plan-One Afternoon and One Full Day - Full Day
- Magic Kingdom Touring Plan for Junior Pirates and Explorers Ages 4-8
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Junior Pirates and Adventurers Ages 4 to 8 - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Princess Fans Ages 4 to 8
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Princess Fans Ages 4 to 8 - Day 2
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Standard Hours
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Disney Cruise Guests
- Magic Kingdom Adult One-Day Holiday Touring Plan
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Morning Extra Magic Hours
- Magic Kingdom Adult Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors - Day 2
- See all Touring Plans...
|Park is closed|
As of 9:48pm EDT on 4/24/15
Party of 1
|Available for 10a, 10:40a, 11:10a, 11:50a, 12p, 12:50p, 1:20p, 1:30p, 2:25p, 2:45p, 3p, 3:50p, 4:10p, 4:50p, 5:15p, 5:30p, 6p, 6:35p, 7:15p, 7:45p, 8:10p, 8:45p, 9p, and 9:45p|
|Latest MK FP+ Availability|
|Opening Date||April 2, 2007|
|Scope and scale||Major Attraction|
Let us know.