Description And Comments
Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress offers a nostalgic look at how technology and electricity have changed the lives of an audioanimatronic family over several generations. The family is easy to identify with, and a cheerful, sentimental tune bridges the generations.
- Open for Morning Extra Magic Hour.
This attraction is a great favorite among repeat visitors and is included on all of our one-day touring plans. The Carousel handles big crowds effectively and is a good choice during busier times of day.
- Handheld Captioning Available
- Video Captioning Available
- Assistive Listening Devices Available
- Audio Description Devices Available
- May Remain In Wheelchair/ECV
Disney Dish with Jim Hill
A PRAIRIE HOME-OF-THE-FUTURE COMPANION
As annual attendance continues to drop at Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress, the imagineers have been fretting about what to do with this theater-go-round presentation. The attraction, last updated in 1994, is sorely in need of a makeover, but whom could Disney get to replace the late, great Jean Shepherd as the narrator of this show? Some at WDI have proposed recruiting another radio legend, Garrison Keillor, to be the new voice of Father. So far, however, no one has responded to all those letters sent from Lake Buena Vista to Lake Wobegon asking Keillor to come take a ride on Walt's nearly 50-year-old Carousel.
Other Attractions in Tomorrowland
- Astro Orbiter
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Space Mountain
- Stitch's Great Escape!
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
Touring Plans with Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Adult One-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Adult One-Day Holiday Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Adult Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Adult Plan-One Afternoon and One Full Day - Afternoon
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for Parents with Small Children (Focus on Treats)
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Standard Hours
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Morning Extra Magic Hours
- See all Touring Plans...
|Shows every||21 minutes|
|Average wait||5 minutes|
|Opening Date||January 15, 1975|
|Scope and scale||Major Attraction|
Let us know.