Description And Comments
Beetlejuice's Graveyard Mash-up features Dracula, the Wolfman, Frankenstein and his bride singing pop music from the 1980s, such as Michael Jackson and Motley Crue, with a few recent pop songs thrown in for the kids. Beetlejuice, the title character from the 1988 film of the same name, serves as the show's emcee, adding monster jokes, groan-worthy puns, and pop-culture references in between songs. When the show switched over from Graveyard Revue to Graveyard Mash-up in February of 2014, longtime cheerleader characters Hip and Hop were replaced by Cleopatra (a female Mummy) and Phantasia (a female Phantom of the Opera), and a quartet of ghoulish backup dancers were added to the mix.
This is not one of Orlando's best theme park shows, though it is starting to grow on us after years suffering through the exhausted earlier incarnation. The performers don't play any instruments, so the show seems a little like a Halloween-themed karaoke party, without alcohol to make everything better. But the new cast admirably gives their all in executing the non-stop energetic choreography, and several of the actors have stellar vocal chops.
Beetlejuice no longer gets to improv interactively in the audience, and is no longer really the star of his own show now. His dialog was also made more family-friendly since the last iteration, to combat complaints about his risqué jokes; still, keep an eye on DJ in the background for some snarky sight gags.
While the show runs around 20 minutes there is almost no break between any of the songs (or mash-ups), making sitting through a set almost an exhaustive ordeal. The pyrotechnics are less percussive but more frequent than before, and the soundtrack is still cranked to 11, making for an audio assault on the audience.
Songs used in Beetlejuice's Graveyard Mash-up:
- "Let's Go Crazy" by Prince
- "Sweet Dreams" by Eurythmics
- "Walk Like an Egyptian" by The Bangles
- "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper
- "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns n' Roses
- "Dr. Feelgood" by Motley Crue
- "Be My Frankenstein" by Alice Cooper
- "What I Like About You" by The Romantics
- "You Really Got Me" by The Kinks
- "Smooth Criminal" by Michael Jackson
- "Ballroom Blitz" by The Sweet
The show is staged in a covered theater.
Related Blogs on Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue:
VIDEO: New Beetlejuice Show Debut (2/11/2014)
- This attraction participates in Universal Express.
Check the daily entertainment schedule for show times. It's proximity to Diagon Alley makes the crowds larger than in the past. If you want to see an actual band cover classic rock songs, we recommend you try Mulch, Sweat and Shears at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
Check the daily entertainment schedule for performances with a sign language interpreter.
Other Attractions in San Francisco
Touring Plans with Beetlejuice's Graveyard Mash-up
- Universal Studios One-Day Plan for Adults
- Universal Studios One-Day Plan for Parents with Children 40 Inches Tall and Under
- Universal Studios Florida One-Day Plan for Adults with Early Entry
- Universal Studios Florida One-Day Plan for Adults with Evening Diagon Alley Touring
- Universal Orlando Two-Day/Two-Park Plan for Adults with Early Entry DAY 1/PART 1
- See all Touring Plans...
|Park is closed|
Let us know.