One of the biggest problems when you have a hot newish attraction that was already difficult to ride before the pandemic is how you handle this attraction, with physical distancing in place. That has been the problem with the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge attraction, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. Back when the park reopened on July 15, the attraction once again offered the virtual queue system, yet this time, Disney decided to stagger the times in which boarding passes were released. The big problem (and granted it was a big problem before all this physical distancing was required) is that the boarding pass system fills up almost immediately.
Due to the demand, Disney will only be offering an opportunity to join the virtual queue now at 10:00 a.m. or 2:00 p.m. These two opportunities are intended to give guests more flexibility in their planning, and are also a way to further support physical distancing.
Here’s more about what you need to know about being able to obtain a boarding pass:
- Make sure you have the My Disney Experience app. Once you enter the park, you’ll need to log in to your account at one of the three distribution times.
- Once you have logged in, select “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue” on the home screen. You will be able to view the current status and learn the next steps for joining the virtual queue.
- The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time. Like before, backup groups will be available.
- As long as your My Disney Experience account is linked to park tickets for you and the others in your group, you can enroll everyone in the virtual queue at the same time. Guests can only enter the virtual queue once per day.
- Guests will want to make sure push notifications are turned on for My Disney Experience. This will allow you will be alerted if your group is called to return.
- Guests will have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to be able to ride the attraction.
- Joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- If you have any questions or need assistance with joining the virtual queue, Cast Members at Guest Experience Team locations throughout the park are available to assist.
Currently, this is the only attraction where Guests will need to “reserve” their spot in line. For other attractions at Walt Disney World Resort, the regular standby queues are in use. Fastpass+ is not available.