Last Week at Disneyland Resort (8/19/2012 -8/25/2012)
The masses of annual Passholders that were anticipated to invade the Anaheim attractions after blackout dates were lifted last week didn't quite materialize. So if you've been avoiding Disneyland all summer, now is a great time to visit as preparations begin for the Halloween season.
Quietest Day: Friday 8/17 was a 5 out of 10 at the resort, with DCA crowds at 4.7 and Disneyland Park at only 3.1.
Busiest Day: Sunday 8/19 was an 8 out of 10 at the resort, with DCA crowds at 8.9 and Disneyland Park at 5.7.
Subscribe to the TouringPlans.com Disneyland Crowd Calendar for details on predicted crowds for the next 30 days.
- On Thursday 8/23 an unannounced screening of The Lion King was held inside the Main Street Opera House exclusively for annual Passholders. The event may be repeated in the future.
- Registration was closed for the Fantasmic! Glow with the Show annual Passholder viewing on 8/28.
- Concept art was released of the elaborate Gingerbread House being added to the Haunted Mansion for Halloween. The ride closes this week for the installation of the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay, and will re-open in mid-September.
- A recipie was published for the Apple Crisp served at Napa Rose in the Grand Californian hotel.
- Disney announced that Frost Perriwinkle will soon join her sister Tinker Bell in Pixie Hollow to promote their new animated film.
Opening, Closings, and Refurbishments
- Disney announced that the Magic, Memories, and You show will have its final performance on Labor Day.
- Construction continues on the new Princess Fantasy Faire, with new concept art recently added to the construction walls. The former Fantasyland Theatre is also being turned back into an entertainment venue.
- Progress continues on Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney.
- Speakers were installed outside Space Mountain for the Ghost Galaxy Halloween effects, which debut on September 14.
- The Court of Angels in New Orleans Square is currently closed, and will become a temporary Pirates League dress-up boutique.
- Owen the Horse made his debut pulling the Main Street USA streetcars, and was honored with an online video.