“Welcome Home” is a phrase that used to be very special to me. As a Disney Vacation Club Cast Member for years it was a special phrase reserved for DVC Members. Then Disney began rolling it out everywhere, and its meaning lost its luster. Well, now that select Disney Vacation Club Resorts have reopened yesterday, “Welcome Home” is once again very special.
You may be wondering what it is like inside the DVC accommodations now that cleanliness and health is of the absolute most importance. Take a look at some of our photos as our field research team checked into a Bay Lake Tower Deluxe Studio for the first night of regular operations at Disney’s Bay Lake Tower.
Here are some of the highlights of the precautions taken inside the rooms. These are similar to measures that other big hotel brands around the country are taking as well.
- Decorative linens and pillows have been removed
- Utensils are still in the room, with extra cleaning measures taken
- Plates, bowls, and cups are disposable and individually wrapped
- Remote controls are sanitized and wrapped
- A sign in the kitchenette area points out high contact areas at which extra cleaning has taken place
- A letter is included that describes the cleanliness measures and amenities available
- Certain extra amenities, like a pack and play crib or high chair, are no longer in the closets, but are available by request
If you’re researching for your potential Walt Disney World vacation then check out our free TouringPlans Room Finder. This tool will help you find the ideal rooms for your stay based on your specific needs such as views or proximity to the elevator.
What do you think of some of the changes inside the rooms?