WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure is the newest attraction at Disney California Adventure. The ongoing popularity of this Marvel super hero, and pent-up demand from the park being closed for a year, is making this ride have huge demand. Adding to the appeal is that the ride has no height requirement, which means the entire family can ride together.
Unfortunately you can’t just hop in line to ride WEB SLINGERS. There’s no standby queue. Instead, the only way you can ride is to get a Boarding Group.
What is a WEB SLINGERS Boarding Group?
A Boarding Group is another name for a virtual queue, meaning it’s not a physical line you have to stand in all day. Your Boarding Group, aka a spot in a virtual queue, must be obtained through the official Disneyland app on iOS or Android phones.
Okay, so you grab a spot in line via the Boarding Group system and then wait for Disney to notify you when it’s your time to ride. Sounds easy, right? Unfortunately Boarding Groups for WEB SLINGERS in DCA (just like Rise of the Resistance over in Disneyland) can run out in a couple of seconds. Your chance to ride will quickly evaporate if you’re not aware of how the system works ahead of time.
In this post we’ll go over a step-by-step guide for how to get a WEB SLINGERS Boarding Group, but keep in mind this same exact information can be used to obtain a Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group as well.
What You Need to Get a Boarding Group:
- The official Disneyland Resort app.
- Valid theme park admission.
- A park reservation for Disney California Adventure for the day of your visit.
- Any friends and family’s tickets scanned in to the app ahead of time.
Rules For Getting a Boarding Group:
Rule #1: Boarding Groups are only available to book TWICE per day.
Currently Disney opens up Boarding Group reservations at 7:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m.
For the 7:00 a.m. opportunity, you can try for a Boarding Group no matter where you are located. You do not need to be in the park; all you need it a valid ticket and park reservation. Remember that to get a reservation in the 7:00 a.m. group you must have a valid reservation for Disney California Adventure. If you have a park hopper with Disneyland as your starting park, your only opportunity to obtain a WEB SLINGERS boarding group will be at 12:00 p.m.
Rule #2: You can only get one Boarding Group for WEB SLINGERS per day.
Unfortunately you’re unable to obtain two Boarding Groups for WEB SLINGERS in the same day. You also can’t hold Boarding Group reservations for Disneyland’s Rise of the Resistance and Disney California Adventure’s WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure at the same time. BUT, let’s say you lucked out and obtained an early Boarding Group for WEB SLINGERS, and your group number was called before 12:00 p.m. If that’s the case you can then try for a Rise of the Resistance Boarding Group at 12.
Rule #3: If your Boarding Group includes your family and friends, they must also have valid park admission and a park reservation for that day.
All members of your party need to have valid theme park admission tickets and a park reservation for the day you are attempting to obtain a Boarding Group. Again, it is extremely important that you have your group’s tickets added in the app BEFORE it’s time to get a Boarding Group.
How to add friends and family tickets to your party:
- In the Disneyland app, press the three bars icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Press “Tickets and Passes”
- You should already see your own ticket if you’re logged in to the same account that you used to purchase the ticket. If not, contact Disney.
- Press the blue button with the “+” sign in the top right corner of the screen.
- Press “Link Tickets & Passes.”
- Scan your friend’s/family member’s ticket and it will be added to the app.
- Repeat these steps for the remaining members of your party.
Step-By-Step Guide To Get a Spider-Man WEB SLINGERS Boarding Group
1. Open the Disneyland app before 7:00 a.m. or 12:00 p.m. Click the three bars icon in the lower right corner of the screen, and then press Virtual Queues.
2. On the “My Queues” screen, press “Join Boarding Group.”
3. On the next screen you’ll see tabs for Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park. Click on the DCA tab and you’ll see WEB SLINGERS along with information like the time the next queue opens, and the current boarding groups being called. Stay on this page and be prepared to pull it down to refresh when it’s 2-3 seconds before 7:00 a.m. or 12:00 p.m.
Be ready to click join exactly at 7 a.m. or 12 p.m., not 7:01, and not even 7:00 and 5 seconds. Every second counts if you want to ride these attractions.
4. Once you’ve refreshed the screen at 7 or 12, click the “Join” button.
5. Now it’s time to think fast. The next screen will be where you select your party members. Usually all tickets/passes that are valid for the day will be automatically selected. If you’ve done everything right, and all tickets are valid, and everyone has the proper park reservations, all you should need to do on this screen is quickly scroll to the bottom and press “Join.” This is the screen that trips a lot of people up, but you don’t need to spend much time on it. Again, just scroll and hit “Join.” If for some reason a member of your group is missing off of this screen, talk to guest services and see what they can do.
6. If you were fast enough (and your cell/Wi-Fi signal was good enough, or the Disneyland app didn’t crash, your battery didn’t die, and you didn’t get a phone call, etc.) you will be blessed with the following screen. A coveted WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure Boarding Group.
Also on this screen is a rough estimate for when your group will be called. We’ve found this estimate to be fairly accurate, if the ride didn’t break down or open late.
If you don’t see a Boarding Group confirmation page, you’ll see a messaging saying that all boarding groups are full.
One other tip I wanted to share is that you can have multiple people in your party trying to get Boarding Groups. This gives you more than one shot at obtaining Boarding Group in case something goes wrong on someone’s phone. All you have to do is follow these same steps on each person’s phone. Just be sure to add everyone’s tickets in the Disneyland app on each device.
Good luck! Share any tips or strategies for booking a Boarding Group for WEB SLINGERS in Avengers Campus in the comments!