At one point, Animal Kingdom was my least-favorite Disney park. Then I begrudgingly started my career at Walt Disney World as a Disney’s Animal Kingdom Cast Member, and I fell in love. It is now my favorite park. This park has been the subject of many “half-day park” jokes, but I’ve long argued that those that feel this way misunderstand this beautiful park. So while we wait to walk through this wild kingdom again, hopefully these Top 3 Lists of practically everything offered at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will help others appreciate it.
In previous weeks, I’ve compiled Top 3 Lists for Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, and Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Now, it is time to set off on an adventure! These Top 3 lists are a combination of data from our TouringPlans system, data from our TouringPlans surveys, and a sprinkle of personal preference – but not too much, because science!
The Top 3 Attractions For Using FastPass+ at Disney’s Animal Kingdom (Thrills)
- Avatar Flight of Passage
- Expedition Everest (though, single rider line is often available)
- Dinosaur or Kali River Rapids (it is truly a toss up — do you want loud and dark or getting wet?)
The Top 3 Attractions For Using FastPass+ at Disney’s Animal Kingdom (For All Ages)
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Avatar Na’vi River Journey
- The Animation Experience at Conservation Station (this is because the big production shows don’t really require FastPass+ and the Animation Experience has a small capacity)
The Top 3 Attractions You Can Do Without a FastPass+ at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Festival of the Lion King
- Finding Nemo the Musical
- It’s Tough to be a Bug
The Top 3 Attractions For Animal Encounters at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Maharajah Jungle Trek
- Pangani Forest Trail now known as Gorilla Falls Trail
- Discovery Island / Tree of Life animal exhibits and trails
Special note: obviously Kilimanjaro Safaris is one of the best animal encounters at Disney’s Animal Kingdom. But I try not put any attractions on more than one Top 3 List. It should also be noted that the Wilderness Explorers experience is a great way for kids to learn about animals.
The Top 3 Desserts at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Malva Cake Sundae – Tamu Tamu Refreshments
- Banana Bread Pudding – Tusker House Restaurant
- Pineapple Lumpia – Pongu Pongu in Pandora
The Top 3 Adult Beverages at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Annapurna Zing – Nomad Lounge
- Tempting Tigress – Nomad Lounge (ok, I had to repeat Nomad Lounge because it is the best lounge in all of the four theme parks)
- Lost on Safari – Dawa Bar
The Top 3 Character Experiences at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Character Meet and Greets as part of Donald’s Dino-Bash in Dinoland
- Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse at Adventurer’s Outpost
- Character dining at Tusker House Restaurant
What do you think of our Top 3 lists for Disney’s Animal Kingdom? In creating them we consulted our TouringPlans Surveys, which are available for you to include your input anytime! Using this information and feedback helps us provide the best data and insight to save you time on your time vacation. You can learn more about the best strategies for enjoying a day at Disney’s Animal Kingdom here.