Description And Comments
(June 30, 2014, is just a placeholder).
Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade is comparable to the parades at the other parks, complete with floats, Disney characters (especially those from The Lion King, The Jungle Book, and Song of the South), skaters, acrobats, and stilt walkers.
Though subject to change, the parade starts in Africa, crosses the bridge to Discovery Island, proceeds counterclockwise around the island, and then crosses the bridge to Asia. In Asia, the parade turns left and follows the walkway paralleling the river back to Africa. The walking path between Africa and Asia has several small cutouts that offer good views of the parade and excellent sun protection. As it's used mainly as a walkway, the path is also relatively uncrowded. (Note: The paths on Discovery Island get very crowded, making it easy to lose members of your party).
- This attraction offers FastPass+.
Here's our advice for watching the festivities:
The parade both begins and ends in Africa. At the beginning of the parade there's a legion of guests vying for a viewing spot in the village of Harambe. As soon as the parade crosses the bridge to Discovery Island, however, the crowd breaks up and leaves Harambe relatively deserted. Because most guests don't realize that the parade cycles back through the village, there's never much of a crowd on hand when the parade rumbles through the second time en route to going offstage. Therefore, if you make your way to Harambe about 20 minutes after the parade time listed in the handout Times Guide, you should be able to score yourself an excellent vantage point at the last minute.
Other Attractions in Discovery Island
Touring Plans with Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Animal Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan (without Expedition Everest)
- Animal Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan
- One-Day Touring Plan for Tweens and Their Parents
- See all Touring Plans...
|Daytime Parade with Disney Characters|
|Park is closed|
|Opening Date||October 1, 2001|
|Closing Date||June 30, 2014|
Let us know.