Description And Comments
Audioanimatronic dinosaurs and the unique traveling theater make this pavilion one of Future World's most popular. Because this is a theater with a ride component, the line doesn't move while the show is in progress. When the theater empties, however, a large chunk of the line will disappear as people are admitted for the next show. Visitors are seated in what appears to be an ordinary theater while they watch a film about energy sources. Then the theater seats divide into six 97-passenger traveling cars that glide among the swamps and reptiles of a prehistoric forest. Special effects include the feel of warm, moist air from the swamp, and the smell of sulphur from an erupting volcano.
The accompanying film is a humorous and upbeat flick starring Ellen DeGeneres and Bill Nye that sugarcoats the somewhat ponderous discussion of energy. For kids, Universe of Energy remains a toss-up. The dinosaurs frighten some preschoolers, and kids of all ages lose the thread during the educational segments.
This attraction draws large crowds beginning early in the morning. Because Universe of Energy can operate more than one show at a time, lines are generally tolerable.
- This attraction offers rider swap.
Don't be dismayed by long lines; 580 people enter the pavilion each time the theater changes audiences.
- Handheld Captioning Available
- Assistive Listening Devices Available
- Audio Description Devices Available
- Must Transfer To Standard Wheelchair
Disney Dish with Jim Hill
WHILE WE HAVE YOU HERE, MS. DEGENERES
Now that Ellen DeGeneres is on board for the Finding Nemo sequel, Disney has begun talks about updating Ellen’s Energy Adventure. It’s obvious that people’s attitudes toward energy have changed since the film opened in 1996. And not one to lose a tie-in opportunity, Disney may swap some of this ride’s old reptiles for ones from the 2014 Pixar film The Good Dinosaur.
Other Attractions in Future World
- Captain EO
- Epcot Character Spot
- Journey Into Imagination With Figment
- Living with the Land
- Mission: SPACE Green
- Mission: SPACE Orange
- Spaceship Earth
- Sum of All Thrills
- Test Track
- The Circle of Life
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Turtle Talk with Crush
Touring Plans with Ellen's Energy Adventure
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Epcot Two-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors - Day 1
- Epcot Unofficial Guide Two-Day Sunrise/Starlight Touring Plan - Starlight
- Epcot Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Adults - Day 1
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Epcot
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot Unofficial Guide Two-Day Sunrise/Starlight Touring Plan - Sunrise
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Early Riser Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 2
- See all Touring Plans...
|Park is closed|
|Opening Date||September 15, 1996|
|Scope and scale||Major Attraction|
Let us know.