Description And Comments
Mickey's PhilharMagic is the Magic Kingdom's 3-D movie attraction. PhilharMagic features an odd collection of Disney characters, mixing Mickey and Donald with Simba and Ariel as well as Jasmine and Aladdin. Presented in a theater large enough to accommodate a 150-foot-wide screen - huge by 3-D movie standards, the 3-D movie is augmented by an arsenal of special effects built into the theater. The plot involves Mickey, as the conductor of the PhilharMagic, leaving the theater to solve a mystery. In his absence Donald appears and attempts to take charge, with disastrous results.
The attraction is one of Disney's best 3-D efforts. Brilliantly conceived, furiously paced, and laugh-out-loud funny, PhilharMagic incorporates a hit parade of Disney's most beloved characters in a production that will leave you grinning. A North Carolina mother of a 3-year-old, however, accuses us of pulling our punches regarding the show's appropriateness for young children:
Our family found PhilharMagic way too violent (what seemed like minutes on end of Donald getting the crap kicked out of him by various musical instruments). I had to haul my screaming child out of the theater and submit to a therapeutic carousel ride afterwards.
Happily, an Oregon mom has come up with a practical way to nip the willies in the bud:
My advice to parents is simply to have their kids not wear the 3-D glasses. We took my daughter's off right away, and then she began giggling and having a good time watching the movie.
- This attraction offers FastPass+.
- Open for Morning Extra Magic Hour.
- Open for Evening Extra Magic Hours.
Though the other 3-D movies are loud, in-your-face affairs, Mickey’s PhilharMagic is much softer and cuddlier. Things still pop out of the screen, but they’re really not scary. You should still proceed cautiously if you have kids under age 5 in your group, but it’s the rare child who is frightened. The theater is large, so don’t be alarmed to see a gaggle of people in the lobby.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Mickey's PhilharMagic when you visit on a day with a given Magic Kingdom Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Mickey's PhilharMagic Wait Times.
- We rate this attraction as Not To Be Missed.
- Reflective Captioning Available
- Assistive Listening Devices Available
- Audio Description Devices Available
- May Remain In Wheelchair/ECV
Disney Dish with Jim Hill
TIME FOR A TOON-UP
Among the ideas being floated to freshen up this decade-old film is a new sequence copying the lanterns-floating-out-over-water scene from Disney’s Tangled. Disney is also thinking about converting the projectors to high-def digital, which should cut down on guest complaints of blurry characters.
Other Attractions in Fantasyland
- Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- it's a small world
- Mad Tea Party
- Meet Anna and Elsa at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Meet Ariel at Her Grotto
- Meet Cinderella and Rapunzel at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Meet Daring Disney Pals as Circus Stars at Pete's Silly Sideshow
- Meet Magnifique Disney Friends as Circus Stars at Pete’s Silly Sideshow
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Royal Majesty Makers
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- The Barnstormer
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Walt Disney World Railroad Fantasyland Station
Touring Plans with Mickey's PhilharMagic
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Tweens and Their Parents
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Adult One-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Happy Family Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Dumbo-or-Die-in-a-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Selective One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Seniors
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Younger and Older Children
- Magic Kingdom Touring Plan for Families with Pre-Teens
- Magic Kingdom Late Arrival One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Grandparents with Small Children
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Adult Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Dumbo-or-Die Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Adult Plan-One Afternoon and One Full Day - Full Day
- Magic Kingdom Parents' Plan-One Afternoon and One Full Day - Full Day
- Magic Kingdom Touring Plan for Junior Pirates and Explorers Ages 4-8
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Junior Pirates and Adventurers Ages 4 to 8 - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Princess Fans Ages 4 to 8
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Princess Fans Ages 4 to 8 - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Adult One-Day Holiday Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Holiday Version
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Disney Cruise Guests
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for Adults
- See all Touring Plans...
|Shows every||12 minutes|
|Average wait||8 minutes|
As of 12:10pm EDT on 7/5/15
Party of 1
|Available for 2:15p, 2:30p, 3:05p, 3:35p, 4p, 4:40p, 5:05p, 5:55p, 6:15p, and 6:35p|
|Latest MK FP+ Availability|
|Opening Date||October 8, 2003|
|Scope and scale||Major Attraction|
Let us know.