Get Wild With Earth Month Celebrations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom
April is Earth Month, and it’s also the anniversary month of Disney’s Animal Kingdom (which opened on Earth Day!) To celebrate, from April 18 to 24, Disney’s Animal Kingdom will host limited-time experiences. Here’s what you’ll be able to experience to honor both this awesome park and this awesome planet.
- For the Earth Day Celebration and the month of April at The Animation Experience at Conservation Station you can learn to draw characters – including Dumbo, Terk, Squirt, Shere Khan, Simba and Scar – whose worldly counterparts represent animals that are being protected due to conservation efforts.
- Catch a glimpse of some special characters who will join other favorite Disney pals on Discovery River Character Cruises.
- There will be limited-time specialty cupcakes including the Creature Comfort’s Honey Bee Cupcake, the strawberry-flavored Flamingo Cupcake at Flame Tree Barbecue, or the Sea Turtle Graham Cracker Cupcake (Or you can pick up the Crave the Wave cocktail) at Restaurantosaurus Lounge.
- Earn a special Wilderness Explorer limited-time Earth Day Nature badge.
- There will be a special Earth Day 2021 limited-edition Te Fiti Moana trading pin.
- See some of the newest and cutest arrivals. Most recently, the park welcomed Ranger, who is a five-month-old white rhino calf aboard Kilimanjaro Safaris. There are also two young Masai giraffe who were born a few months ago, and playful Nigerian dwarf goats that hang out at the warden’s outpost.
- Disney PhotoPass will offer special in-park Earth Day backgrounds and Magic Shots, including an all-new photo opportunity.
- Beginning April 2, you can watch as artisans transform 40 tons of sand into a detailed sculpture celebrating National Geographic’s “Secrets of the Whales,” an original series streaming on Disney+ on Earth Day. The intricate sculpted masterpiece will be located on the Discovery Island Stage until April 30.
We’ll be sure to share any additional Disney Parks Earth Month news right here.
One thought on “Get Wild With Earth Month Celebrations at Disney’s Animal Kingdom”
Thanks for sharing this information. Do you have any idea what day the pin will be released and where it will be available?