September has arrived, bringing with it cooler temperatures, smaller crowds, and lengthy rehabs for numerous attractions at Disneyland.
Quietest Day: Sunday 9/2 was a 7 out of 10 at the resort, with DCA crowds at 7.9 and Disneyland Park at 5.7.
Busiest Day: Tuesday 9/4 through Thursday 9/6 was a 1 out of 10 at the resort, with DCA crowds at 1.1 and Disneyland Park at 1.1.
- The Disneyland Half-Marathon concluded on 9/2 with runner Jimmy Grabow setting a new record time of 1:05:29.
- Glow With The Show illuminated mouse ears now synchronize with nightly performances of both World of Color and Fantasmic!
- Disney released a unique multi-camera video featuring the Red Car Trolley on Buena Vista Street.
- Two horses from Disneyland's Circle D ranch participated in the Labor Day parade in Norco, California.
- Disney announced that a Halloween Carnival will take over the Big Thunder Ranch beginning 9/14 through 10/31, featuring a villains meet & greet and “haunted” performances by Billy Hill and the Hillbillies.
- Registration was announced on 9/5, and quickly filled to capacity, for a “Get Spookier” meet-up of Disney Blog readers in Disneyland on 9/17.
- Disney announced that there will be no after-hours cast member Christmas Parties this year.
Opening, Closings, and Refurbishments
- The Pirates League makeover boutique has temporarily taken over New Orleans Court of Angels, now through Halloween.
- The Haunted Mansion closed on 8/27, and will reopen on 9/14 as Haunted Mansion Holiday.
- Space Mountain is closed today 9/10 through 9/13 for installation of the Ghost Galaxy effects.
- Several attractions, including Indiana Jones Adventure, Casey Jr Circus Train, and Storybookland Canal Boats, closed this week on 9/4 for extensive refurbishments lasting until the holiday season.
- Last Monday (9/3) was the final performance of the Magic, Memories, and You projection show. A new similar show will be introduced at Walt Disney World, but no replacement is expected in Anaheim.
- Toy Story Midway Mania! was scheduled to be closed on 9/5/12 for a computer software update.
- Construction continues on the new Fantasyland Theatre and Princess Fantasy Faire.
- Construction continues on the Earl of Sandwich in Downtown Disney.
- The former 15-minute parking zone off Harbor Boulevard has been converted into passenger drop-off and taxi lanes.