You begin and end your Magic Kingdom visit on Main Street, which may open a half hour before, and closes a half hour to an hour after the rest of the park. The Walt Disney World Railroad stops at the Main Street Station; board here for a grand tour of the park or a ride to Frontierland or the forthcoming Storybook Circus Station.
Main Street is a sanitized Disney re-creation of a turn-of-the-19th-century, small-town American street. Its buildings are real, not elaborate props. Attention to detail is exceptional: all interiors, furnishings, and fixtures are true to period. Along the street are shops and eating places, City Hall, and a fire station. Occasionally, horse-drawn trolleys, fire engines, and horseless carriages transport visitors along Main Street to the Central Plaza.
Main Street Services
Most park services are centered on Main Street, including:
- Baby Center / Baby-Care Needs Next to the Crystal Palace, left around the central hub (toward Adventureland)
- Banking Services Automated tellers (ATMs) at the far right of the entrance near locker rentals, City Hall, the entrance to Adventureland, at Pinocchio Village Haus, and at the Tomorrowland Arcade, close to the Space Mountain exit.
- First Aid Next to the Crystal Palace, left around the central hub (toward Adventureland)
- Live Entertainment and Parade Info Pick up a park map and Times Guide as you enter the park.
- Lost and Found City Hall at the railroad-station end of Main Street
- Lost Persons City Hall
- Storage Lockers Ground floor of the railroad station at the end of Main Street; all lockers cleaned out each night
- Walt Disney World and Local Attraction Information City Hall
Related Blogs on Main Street, U.S.A.:
The Disney's in the Details: Main Street, U.S.A.
A Disney Bucket List (featuring "Ride a Trolley on Main Street, U.S.A.")
Also in Main Street, U.S.A....