You begin and end your Magic Kingdom visit on Main Street, which may open 30 minutes before and closes 30 minutes–1 hour after the rest of the park. The Walt Disney World Railroad stops at the Main Street Station; board here for a grand tour of the park or a ride to Frontierland or the forthcoming Storybook Circus Station.
Main Street is a Disneyfied turn-of-the-20th-century small-town American thoroughfare. Its buildings are real, not elaborate props. Attention to detail is exceptional: Furnishings and fixtures are true to the period. Along the street are shops, character-greeting venues, eating places, City Hall, and a fire station. Occasionally, horse-drawn trolleys, fire engines, and horseless carriages transport visitors along Main Street to the Central Plaza.
Two recently completed construction projects should help Main Street better handle large crowds. First, the huge circular area around the Central Plaza has been paved over and rebuilt into a FastPass+ viewing area for the Magic Kingdom’s parades and fireworks.
Second, the areas behind the shops on either side of Main Street have been repurposed as pedestrian walkways for use during parades and fireworks during peak times, allowing guests to exit and enter the park from either side of Main Street when it would be otherwise impassable. One arcade, the one most frequently used, runs from just past Tony’s Town Square Restaurant to the Tomorrowland side of The Plaza Restaurant; the other runs from near the First Aid Center next to The Crystal Palace to the Fire Station near City Hall on Main Street.
Main Street Services
Most park services are centered on Main Street, including:
- Baby Center / Baby-Care Needs Next to the Crystal Palace, left around the central hub (toward Adventureland)
- Banking Services Automated tellers (ATMs) at the far right of the entrance near locker rentals, City Hall, the entrance to Adventureland, at Pinocchio Village Haus, and at the Tomorrowland Arcade, close to the Space Mountain exit.
- First Aid Next to the Crystal Palace, left around the central hub (toward Adventureland)
- Live Entertainment and Parade Info Pick up a park map and Times Guide as you enter the park.
- Lost and Found City Hall at the railroad-station end of Main Street
- Lost Persons City Hall
- Storage Lockers Ground floor of the railroad station at the end of Main Street; all lockers cleaned out each night
- Walt Disney World and Local Attraction Information City Hall
Related Blogs on Main Street, U.S.A.:
The Disney's in the Details: Main Street, U.S.A.
A Disney Bucket List (featuring "Ride a Trolley on Main Street, U.S.A.")
Also in Main Street, U.S.A....
- Casey's Corner Pianist
- Celebrate the Magic
- Celebrate the Season
- Dapper Dans
- Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade
- Dream Along With Mickey
- Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season
- Magic Kingdom Welcome Show
- Main Street Philharmonic
- Main Street Trolley Show
- Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
- The Dickens Yuletide Band
- Casey's Corner
- Castle Central Plaza Popcorn & Ice Cream
- Cinderella's Royal Table
- Joffrey's Transportation and Ticket Center
- Magic Kingdom Popcorn Carts
- Main Street Bakery
- Main Street Ice Cold Refreshment Cart
- Main Street Popcorn Cart
- Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
- The Crystal Palace
- The Main Street Confectionary
- The Plaza Restaurant
- Tony's Town Square Restaurant
- Town Square Ice Cream Cart