The information below is provided for historical reference.
Description And Comments
Based on the long-running TV talent search, The American Idol Experience is your chance to unleash your song stylings on the world. Your path to superstardom goes like this:
Guests audition a cappella in front of a judge, just as in American Idol's first shows of the season. Those who make the cut move on to a second audition and sing, karaoke-style, to a prerecorded track. The judges' picks from this round get to perform in one of the attraction's preliminary shows, held several times a day.
During the preliminaries, each contestant repeats his or her song from the second audition in front of a live audience of theme park guests. As with Idol, three judges - in this case, Disney cast members - provide feedback. For the most part, the panel uses gentle humor to tell you not to quit your day job, although the judge who stands in for former Idol host Simon Cowell does let fly the occasional zinger ("I can picture you on the cover of Rolling Stone . . . standing next to someone who can sing on-key.")
Audience members decide the preliminary winners, who meet for one last showdown at night. The winner of the finale receives a "Dream Ticket" - a front-of-the-line pass to try out for American Idol in his or her hometown.
- This attraction offers FastPass+.
The last show of the day offers (ostensibly) the best talent but runs twice as long as the daytime shows. If you don't want to commit to the entire show inside the auditorium, the final show (usually scheduled around 7 p.m.) can be viewed from outside on a JumboTron screen. This is a wise option (as is catching one of the daytime shows) for those who have to leave for a dinner reservation or line up early for Fantasmic!. For complete details on auditioning and eligibility, see Disney's American Idol Experience site.
Guests must be at least age 14 to perform.
- American Idol Experience (StudiosCentral.com)
Other Attractions in Echo Lake
Touring Plans with The American Idol Experience
- Disney's Hollywood Studios One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Disney's Hollywood Studios One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Disney's Hollywood Studios One-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Adults
- Disney's Hollywood Studios One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Disney's Hollywood Studios One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Adults
- Disney's Hollywood Studios One-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Hollywood Studios Standard Hours
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Hollywood Studios Morning Extra Magic Hours
- See all Touring Plans...
|Opening Date||February 14, 2009|
|Closing Date||August 30, 2014|
|Scope and scale||Major Attraction|
|Closures / Refurbishments|
Let us know.