How to Make a Disney World Park Reservation

Disney launched its park reservation system at around 8 a.m. today. We’ve captured the screens that you’ll see in the process you’ll follow to make a Disney World park reservation.

In order to use Disney Park Pass System, you’ll need:

• A My Disney Experience account
  • Valid theme park ticket or Annual Pass that’s linked to your My Disney Experience account
  • For those with a Disney Resort hotel reservation, you will also need to be sure to link it to this My Disney Experience account beforehand

Here are the important dates to keep track of:

• June 22: Guests with Disney Resort Hotel reservations and valid theme park admission that is linked in My Disney Experience can start to make theme park reservations
  • June 26: Disney Park Pass System will open for Annual Passholders
  • June 28: Disney Park Pass System will open to existing ticket holders. In addition, by June 28, new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets will be on sale for arrivals in 2021.
  • Later this summer: Based on availability, sales of 2020 tickets and Disney Resort hotel arrivals will resume.

Step 1: Select everyone in your party who’s going to that park on the same day

This step is similar to the old FastPass+ reservation screen that allows you to pick everyone in your group:

Step 2: Select the date and park for your visit

This step displays a month-by-month calendar. Choose a date from the calendar and the site will show which parks have reservations available for that date.

If a park isn’t available on the date you’ve selected, you’ll see this screen:

Step 3: Select the time of your visit

There’s only one option here, and that’s the park’s current operating hours.  You don’t have to show up at park opening.  I’m not sure why Disney has this step in the process, other than they thought (at some point, anyway) that there might be a need to stagger guests’ entry into the parks.  So pick the one option available to you.

Step 4: Review and Confirm Your Reservation

You’re almost done – Disney’s lawyers want to make sure you’ve read the terms and conditions for entering the park.  Click that checkbox, then click the green ‘Confirm’ button.

Step 5: Receive Confirmation

This completes one park reservation for one day.

If you have other days for which you’d like to visit a park, you’ll go through the entire process again for each park and day you want to visit.

For those whose booking window opened today, were you eventually able to get park reservations? Want to share any tips or tricks you may have? Let us know in the comments.

Len Testa

Len Testa is the co-author of the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World, and has contributed to the Disneyland and Las Vegas Unofficial Guides. Most of his time is spent trying to keep up with the team. Len's email address is len@touringplans.com. You can also follow him on Twitter: @lentesta.

21 thoughts on “How to Make a Disney World Park Reservation

• June 22, 2020 at 11:46 am

I was able to book park passes for our trip planned in December. We have annual passes and a Disney Springs resort reservation. The “wait” screens were a little awkward but otherwise I didn’t have any problems. Thanks for all the great updates.

• June 22, 2020 at 11:51 am

I had to switch to Chrome to make this work. Went into the website and started to make a dining reservation. Once a restaurant and time were picked, the site required me to sign in. I than canceled my reservation attempt, but the site kept me signed in. This allowed me to bypass the wait screens.

• June 22, 2020 at 12:21 pm

I also had to switch to Chrome for it to work. Wait screens definately require patience, especially because they would reset after reaching 0:00. But once I got in, after selecting my party and the park I kept getting the Olaf error message that something went wrong. Realized I had also selected my 2 year old, so make sure not to include any kiddos under 3 that don’t require a ticket. After I removed her from the party I was able to get all the parks I wanted for all 8 days of our November trip.

• June 22, 2020 at 2:40 pm

I was also using Chrome. I heard Safari was having some difficulties.

• June 22, 2020 at 3:39 pm

There is currently a limit on how many days you can enter as of this morning. We couldn’t get all our dates in that we have a reservation for, APs and not package tickets. Someone in Disney IP said they didn’t know about the limit on booking with AP tickets and they were working on getting it fixed. Still wasn’t fixed a few hours ago.

• June 22, 2020 at 3:59 pm

After some frustrating waits, I was able to make the park reservations I needed for a November trip. But I was blocked from making park reservations for a second trip we have booked at a DVC resort for May 2021. We have annual passes that are purchased and linked, but not activated. Are we supposed to be blocked from making a reservation for a second stay?

• June 22, 2020 at 4:12 pm

It isn’t the 2nd stay that’s the problem, its an AP error in the system. Mine are only linked as well. They are working on the problem.

• June 22, 2020 at 5:31 pm

I was only able to make a total of 3 days worth of reservations with our APs, despite having 2 separate on-site reservations tied to my DME account (for 1 night in October and 6 night in January). This is ridiculous! And the phone number the site lists to call if you think this is an error is so backed up that you can’t even joint the hold queue – it just rings busy! Another epic fail by Disney IT!!!

• June 22, 2020 at 5:50 pm

We were able to make park reservations for only one day of our five-day vacation in November. Not a happy camper. Hoping it’s a glitch that will be remedied.

• June 22, 2020 at 6:38 pm

One thing you mentioned on The Disney Dish today-that everyone in your party has to have the same type of ticket-did not hold true for us. I was able to select the 5 people in our party, 3 with APs and 2 with 6 day tickets, and book all of our park reservations at once as one party. I don’t know if it was a glitch that we were able to do that but it worked!

• June 22, 2020 at 8:12 pm

So, I have an annual pass, but the rest of my family’s passes ran out in February 2020 just before the pestilence. So, we have our normal December trip booked, but it seems like without tickets or passes already purchased, we may be out of luck. We can’t book park days just for me. Can we renew their passes or is that a new purchase?

• June 22, 2020 at 10:32 pm

They fixed the AP glitch.

• June 23, 2020 at 12:43 pm

We have a trip booked for end of August. Not 100% sure that we’re still going, but wanted to make those park reservations just in case. Was able to make reservations for all 5 days for everyone in my party (2 families). No glitches today, and was able to use Microsoft Edge

• June 23, 2020 at 1:23 pm

I was able to fix my “one day only” glitch. Our problem was that we had two reservations. Since each person in our party had two tickets linked to them, it was limiting us to selecting only one day. I was able to cancel the second reservation (we weren’t going to use it) and everything opened up. I was then able to get Park Pass reservations for every park on every day we wanted them. This is even during the week of Thanksgiving.

So if you have multiple tickets linked to one person and are having problems getting your Park Pass reservations, this could be the issue.

• June 23, 2020 at 3:18 pm

It looks like they’re working through the systems issues. That’s good. Let’s see what happens on Friday, when the APs get a chance to book.

• June 23, 2020 at 4:21 pm

No issues getting the days,10 for a 10 day ticket, I wanted around Thanksgiving. It took about 1 1/2 hour to get to the point of requesting the park reservations. There was a thread started by the Canary, Raggou, on the Disboards, who had a trick or two to get in.

• June 24, 2020 at 6:16 pm

Do you sell videos showing the park-Disney World? My grandson’s dream is to visit Disney World.He needs to keep this dream alive and I AM HOPING that you can help us. He is autistic and his passion is Disney. You could Send me information His birthday is August 1st.

• June 25, 2020 at 3:55 pm

I DO NOT NEED A RESERVATION.I need a video of Disney World. I also need infomation regarding a handicapped young man-is there a group that he could join and receive special rates or free entrance fee or lodging.

• June 25, 2020 at 6:06 pm

Is there any clue as to what capacity level they are limiting the reservations to by month? It seems that a few days have already reached capacity for Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. How will it reflect in crowd levels?