Here at TouringPlans, our raison d’etre is maximizing your time on the rides. But there are many times when going on rides, or at least some rides, is not the right way to spend time in a theme park. This may be because:
- You’re pregnant and rides are contraindicated
- You have motion sickness issues
- You have sensory processing issues that are exacerbated by motion
- You have some other medical issue that contraindicates rides
- You’re the caregiver for someone with the above issues
- You’re supervising a young child
- You don’t like rides
- You prefer non-moving attractions
- You don’t feel like waiting in a line
Here are just some of many of the things you can do at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom without going on rides. Note: Some of these items such as shopping, tours, and dining require additional purchases beyond park admission and some items may require advance reservations.
1. Collect some pressed pennies.
2. Taste all the fudge flavors at The Confectionary.
3. Cool off at the Casey Jr. Splash n’ Soak Station.
4. Get a driver’s license at Tomorrowland Speedway.
5. Eat all the Mickey waffles at the Crystal Palace.
6. Meet a horse on Main Street.
7. Get your photo taken with Tinker Bell.
8. Listen to the Main Street Philharmonic.
9. Start the day with the Let the Magic Begin show at the Castle Forecourt.
10. Meet royalty at Princess Fairytale Hall.
11. Watch a glass blower at the Crystal Arts shop on Main Street.
12. Try a Dole Whip float at Aloha Isle, or stage your own Dole Whip vs. Citrus Swirl showdown.
13. Propose marriage.
14. Dine with princesses at Cinderella’s Royal Table.
15. Watch the Move It! Shake It! MousekeDance Party! on Main Street.
16. Be amazed by the Happily Ever After Fireworks presentation.
17. Become a mermaid at the Pirates League.
18. Meet Mickey Mouse at the Town Square Theater.
19. Meet Winnie the Pooh and friends outside the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh attraction.
20. Trade pins with cast members.
21. Listen to the Dapper Dans.
22. Meet Ariel in her grotto.
23. Go behind the scenes with the Keys to the Kingdom Tour.
24. Play a part in Belle’s story at Enchanted Tales with Belle.
25. Watch Donald Duck explore the orchestra at Mickey’s PhilharMagic. This show-style attraction does not move.
26. Here some G-rated comedy at the Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor. This show-style attraction does not move.
27. Start your day with the Main Street Trolley Show.
28. Meet characters from Aladdin in Adventureland.
29. Get a haircut at Harmony Barber Shop.
30. Have a silhoutte cut at The Shadow Box on Main Street.
31. Buy the tiara you’ve always wanted at the Crystal Arts shop on Main Street.
32. Meet Merida.
33. Take humorous selfies with a giant turkey leg.
34. See Miss Piggy rule at Great Moments in History.
35. Feel Gaston’s muscles; he greets guests in New Fantasyland.
36. Try the grey stuff at Be Our Guest.
37. Meet Buzz Lightyear in Tomorrowland.
38. Have some classic Mickey ears embroidered with your name at Le Chapeau.
39. Learn about Walt’s love of trains at the Magic Behind Our Steam Trains tour.
40. Pose with classic Disney characters at Pete’s Silly Sideshow.
41. Figure out who Millard Fillmore is at the Hall of Presidents. This show-style attraction does not move.
42. Pose for all the PhotoPass magic shots.
43. Indulge in an extreme shake.
44. Meet surprise characters near the park entrance.
45. Turn into a princess at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.
46. Get the hot dog of the month at Casey’s Corner.
47. Watch some sweets being made at Big Top Treats.
48. Climb to the top of the Swiss Family Treehouse. This is a walk-through attraction, not a ride.
49. Watch the Festival of Fantasy parade.
50. Have your portrait drawn at the Liberty Square Portrait Gallery.
51. Have an ornament personalized at Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe.
52. Interact with the Citizens of Main Street.
53. Buy an outfit for your dog.
54. Listen to some old-time piano music outside Casey’s Corner.
55. Honor the flag and our veterans at the evening Flag Retreat.
56. Hunt for hidden Mickeys in the park.
57. Take the Family Magic Tour.
58. Buy some art for your home.
59. Meet Mary Poppins in Liberty Square.
60. Get a personalized parasol in Liberty Square.
61. Get your face painted.
62. Make a custom case for your phone in Tomorrowland.
63. Play in the playground at the Dumbo attraction entrance. (You can play there without going on the ride.)
64. Dance at a party at the Rockettower Stage.
65. Enjoy the mosaic mural inside Cinderella Castle.
66. Sing along with the Country Bear Jamboree. This show-style attraction does not move.
67. Take a trick photo in Tomorrowland.
68. Sip on some firewater at the Jungle Skipper Canteen.
69. Play the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game.
70. Shop for souvenirs.
71. Enjoy a donut bigger than your head.
72. Get spit on by the camel at the entrance to the Aladdin attraction.
73. Watch Mickey’s Royal Friendship Faire at the castle forecourt.
74. Enjoy the Once Upon a Time pre-fireworks castle display.
75. Make a wish!
76. Put yourself in a Star Wars photo at the Merchant of Venus.
77. Attempt to pull a sword from a stone.
78. Take a picture in the old-fashioned pillory.
79. Have your name etched in glassware at the Crystal Arts shop.
80. Listen to the birds sing at the Enchanted Tiki Room. This show-style attraction does not move.
81. Learn about Disney Vacation Club at a DVC kiosk.
82. Hunt for hidden Pascals near the Rapunzel bathrooms.
What are your favorite things to do in the parks without going on the rides? Let us know in the comments.