Description And Comments
This multiscene Beauty and the Beast experience takes guests into Maurice’s workshop, through a magic mirror, and into Beast’s library, where the audience shares a story with Belle.
You enter the attraction by walking through Maurice’s cottage, where you see mementos tracing Belle’s childhood, including her favorite books, and lines drawn on one wall showing how fast Belle grew every year.
From there you’ll enter Maurice’s workshop at the back of the cottage. An assortment of Maurice’s odd wood gadgets covers every inch of the floor, walls, and ceiling. Take a moment to peruse the gadgets, then focus your attention on the mirror on the wall to the left of the entry door.
Soon enough, the room gets dark and the mirror begins to sparkle. With magic and some really good carpentry skills, the mirror turns into a full-size doorway, through which guests enter into a wardrobe room. Once in the wardrobe room, the attraction’s premise is explained: You’re supposed to re-enact the story of Beauty and the Beast for Belle on her birthday, and guests are chosen to act out key parts in the play.
Once the parts are cast, everyone walks into the castle’s library and takes a seat. Cast members explain how the play will take place and introduce Belle, who gives a short speech about how thrilled she is for everyone to be there. The play is acted out within a few minutes, and all of the actors get a chance to take photos with Belle and receive a small bookmark as a memento.
During our visits, only those who were chosen to act in the play got to take photos with Belle. Also, those who took photos with Belle received a separate Memory Maker card for those photos.
Enchanted Tales with Belle is surely the prettiest and most elaborate meet-and-greet station in Walt Disney World. For the relative few who get to act in the play, it’s also a chance to interact with Belle in a way that isn’t possible in other character encounters. We also like how Disney “stages” guests in the cottage, workshop, and wardrobe rooms—it’s an efficient way to handle the wait in line, and it keeps guests from getting bored. Sure, it can still be a 30-minute wait for a 3-minute play, but it’s the best of its kind in Orlando, and your kids will love it.
An enthusiastic review from an Austin, Texas mom:
Enchanted Tales with Belle surprised us with how well it was done. In the skit, my husband was a knight, my daughter was Mrs. Potts, and my son was silverware. It was so much fun, and the kids were so proud.
Enchanted Tales has long lines from the time the park opens. In fact, its popularity has made it one of the hardest tickets at the Magic Kingdom, as a Lansing, Michigan, mom explains:
Enchanted Tales’ popularity has made it the hardest ticket at the Magic Kingdom, as a Lansing, Michigan, mom explains:
We found the wait for Enchanted Tales with Belle was never below 40 minutes. It was very popular, and for good reason. Our girls completely loved it, and so did I. Parents of shy children should tell their kids that the cast member will be asking for volunteers and they should raise their hand when they’re handing out parts for the play. Also, kids who are especially fond of Belle should note that the child who plays the Beast gets to dance with her for about a minute, and Belle talks to the child while they dance. It was very sweet.
Since it’s slow-loading, make Enchanted Tales the first thing on your touring plan if you want to see it. Alternatively, try to visit during the last 2 hours the park is open, or use FastPass+.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Enchanted Tales with Belle when you visit on a day with a given Magic Kingdom Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Enchanted Tales with Belle Wait Times.
Other Attractions in Fantasyland
- Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- it's a small world
- Mad Tea Party
- Meet Anna and Elsa at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Meet Ariel at Her Grotto
- Meet Cinderella and Rapunzel at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Meet Daring Disney Pals as Circus Stars at Pete's Silly Sideshow
- Meet Magnifique Disney Friends as Circus Stars at Pete’s Silly Sideshow
- Mickey's PhilharMagic
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Royal Majesty Makers
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- The Barnstormer
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Walt Disney World Railroad Fantasyland Station
Touring Plans with Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Magic Kingdom Happy Family One-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Dumbo-or-Die-in-a-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Happy Family Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Younger and Older Children
- Magic Kingdom Touring Plan for Families with Pre-Teens
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Grandparents with Small Children
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Dumbo-or-Die Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Parents' Plan-One Afternoon and One Full Day - Full Day
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Princess Fans Ages 4 to 8
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Princess Fans Ages 4 to 8 - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Not-A-Touring-Plan Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Holiday Version
- See all Touring Plans...
As of 4:25pm EST on 2/5/16
Party of 1
|Available for 7p, 7:40p, 8:20p, 8:30p, 9:20p, 9:30p, 10:10p, 10:40p, and 11p|
|Latest MK FP+ Availability|
|Opening Date||December 6, 2012|
|Scope and scale||Minor Attraction|
|Closures / Refurbishments|
Let us know.