Remember before Coronavirus hit the U.S. in force and Guests would line up to get into Disney’s Hollywood Studios to give them the chance to actually get a boarding pass for the hit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge attraction, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance? (Oh my gosh…that feels SO long ago!) Well, due to the fact that the parks now need to utilize physical distancing, the practice of getting to the parks early to ensure that you get your boarding pass is a thing of the past.
In a move that I had personally been suggesting they do months ago, when Disney’s Hollywood Studios reopens on July 15, Disney is still going to offer the virtual queue, but they are going to stagger the times in which boarding passes are released. This means that Guests will have opportunities to obtain a boarding pass throughout the day moving forward, not just at the beginning of the day like you would have to before.
Moving forward, Guests will have an opportunity at 10:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m. or 4:00 p.m. to request to join the virtual queue.
Here’s what you need to know about being able to obtain a boarding pass:
- Make sure you have the My Disney Experience app. Once you enter the park, you’ll need to log in to your account at one of the three distribution times.
- Once you have logged in, select “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue” on the home screen. You will be able to view the current status and learn the next steps for joining the virtual queue.
- The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time. Like before, backup groups will be available.
- As long as your My Disney Experience account is linked to park tickets for you and the others in your group, you can enroll everyone in the virtual queue at the same time. Guests can only enter the virtual queue once per day.
- Guests will want to make sure push notifications are turned on for My Disney Experience. This will allow you will be alerted if your group is called to return.
- Guests will have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance to be able to ride the attraction.
- Joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- If you have any questions or need assistance with joining the virtual queue, Cast Members at Guest Experience Team locations throughout the park are available to assist.
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is one of the most popular attractions at Walt Disney World Resort, which is why the virtual queue is necessary for Guests to utilize it to be able to ride. Currently, this is the only attraction where Guests will need to “reserve” their spot in line. For other attractions at Walt Disney World Resort, the regular standby queues will be in use. Fastpass+ will not be available.