The Christmas season is our absolute favorite time of the year. Growing up, one of the little things I loved most was getting an Advent calendar and counting down the days until Santa would be coming down the chimney. As I grew older, I had to leave Advent calendars in the rear view mirror,* but I still miss that daily countdown building anticipation to the big day. So, we’re going to start a virtual Advent calendar here at TouringPlans. For 2022, we are going to countdown our favorite drinks at Walt Disney World and the Universal Orlando Resort.
Criteria: Drinks can be alcoholic or nonalcoholic. Drinks can come from any venue on the property. Bonus points are awarded for the atmosphere where the drink is served. Any drink with glow cubes is immediately disqualified. Ready? Let’s go!
The Drink – Snow Leopard Salvation
Location – Nomad Lounge in Disney’s Animal Kingdom
SNOW LEOPARD SALVATION – Ingredients: Snow Leopard vodka, Belle de Brillet pear liqueur, mint, and lime juice topped with ginger beer.
Located right outside the entrance to Pandora – The World of Avatar, Nomad Lounge (and Tiffins, the restaurant Nomad is connected to) is one of our favorite places to get a drink at in all of Walt Disney World. Relaxing location next to Discovery River? CHECK. Unique cocktails? CHECK. Wonderful food menu? CHECK. Solid atmosphere with a good amount of indoor and outdoor seating? CHECK, CHECK, and CHECK! While at Nomad Lounge we are drawn to the Snow Leopard Salvation, a drink that draws inspiration from Imagineer Joe Rohde’s commitment to raising awareness for snow leopard conservation.
Once again we are reaching out to a Certified Drinking Expert (AKA ) Professor Daniel Miller, co-author of the book Drinking at Disney, and the guy who is on a first name basis with every Uber driver on WDW property.
When Nomad Lounge opened back in 2016, it truly elevated the in-park drink and bar experience to a new level. Serving as Imagineering legend Joe Rohde’s farewell kiss to Disney’s Animal Kingdom, it is as if they transported a deluxe resort lounge directly inside the park, and the drink menu here matches this elevation. Snow Leopard Salvation is a refreshing addition to the Drinking at Disney lineup and is perfect for Animal Kingdom’s ‘hotter than average’ reputation. If time permits, grab a sofa on the riverfront balcony and chill out with a Snow Leopard! – Prof. Daniel Miller
Let’s check out some other menu items from Nomad Lounge, shall we?
25 Drinks of Christmas TouringPlans Brought to Me…
- Day 1 – Duck Duck Razz at THE BOATHOUSE
- Day 2 – Grown-Ups Lemonade at Woody’s Boathouse
- Day 3 – Yub Nub at Oga’s Cantina
- Day 4 – Isla Nubar in Jurassic Park
- Day 5 – Bam’s Barnstormer at Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar
- Day 6 – Santa’s Cookies & Milkshake at Toothsome Chocolate Emporium
- Day 7 – Lost on Safari at Dawa Bar
- Day 8 – SKYLINER SERIES Category 5 at Hurricane Hannah’s
- Day 9 – SKYLINER SERIES Almande Grog at Bar Riva
- Day 10 – SKYLINER SERIES Banana Cabana at Banana Cabana
- Day 11 – SKYLINER SERIES Boubon Breeze at PetalsDay
- Day 12 – Disco H2O at Endless Summer
- Day 13 – Lost Lanes Lager at Splitsville
- Day 14 – Grinch Hot Cocoa at Seuss Landing
- Day 15 – Blue Milk at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Day 16 – Hawkes’ Grog Ale at Pandora the World of Avatar
- Day 17 – Mai Tai at Strong Water Tavern
- Day 18 – Swizzle Rum Punch at Swizzle Lounge
- Day 19 – Enchanted Orange Dream at Skipper Canteen
- Day 20 – Snow Leopard Salvation at Nomad Lounge
See you tomorrow for the next entry into the 25 Drinks of Christmas Countdown, where we are going to head over to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. If you had fun, be sure to check out any of our other fun series including Theme Park Hills to Die On, the adventures of David & Derek (theme park’s Goofus & Gallant,) or the famous (infamous?) Theme Park Turkeys of the Year awards. for your listening pleasure, check out the Parkscope Podcast. Your humble author can also be seen producing typos at an inhuman rate on Twitter: @derekburgan
The 25 Drinks of Christmas series couldn’t be done without an All Star team behind us including world class photographers Michael Carelli, Brandon Glover, Scott Sanders, and Hedghehog’s Corner. The drink listing came from a double-secret blue ribbon panel comprised of SAT SIX Fun Squaders including: Megan Stump, Nitro230,The Man Formerly Known as @DrunkAtDisney, Bethany Vinton, Parkscope Joe and Parkscope Nick. As always, Digital Maestro Scott Walker was the cherry on top of the sundae.
*That is an absolute lie. I still buy an advent calendar every year with chocolates in it, and I also buy an annual box of Christmas Crunch, but we’ll keep that between us.