52 Things to Do at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Without Going on Rides
Here at TouringPlans, our raison d’etre is maximizing your time on the rides. But there are many times when going on rides, or at least some rides, is not the right way to spend time in a theme park. This may be because:
- You’re pregnant and rides are contraindicated
- You have motion sickness issues
- You have sensory processing issues that are exacerbated by motion
- You have some other medical issue that contraindicates rides
- You’re the caregiver for someone with the above issues
- You’re supervising a young child who is too short for some rides
- You don’t like rides
- You prefer non-moving attractions
- You don’t feel like waiting in a line
Here are just some of many of the things you can do at Disney’s Hollywood Studios without going on rides. Note: Some of these items such as shopping, tours, and dining require additional purchases beyond park admission and some items may require advance reservations. Also note that some items may be temporarily paused or modified due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Have cocktail at the Brown Derby Lounge while watching the crowds go by.
- Become immersed in Disney history at Walt Disney Presents and One Man’s Dream.
- Sing along with The First Time in Forever.
- Watch cartoons.
- Think existential thoughts in Potatoland.
- Pose with a GIANT guitar.
- Acquire a spork.
- Duel with churros.
- Buy some cinnamon bun hair.
- Worry about Jack Jack’s well being.
- Talk to a car.
- Have a drink at Oga’s Cantina..
- Collect pressed pennies.
- Eat all the yum in a Num Num.
- Check out the intergalactic taxidermy at Dok Ondar’s.
- Buy a fantastic frock.
- See if your hands are bigger than a frog’s.
- Pretend it’s Christmas at any time of year.
- Trade pins with cast members or other guests.
- Make a droid.
- Drink colored “milk.”
- Look for cast members making water paintings.
- Dance it out with Mickey.
- Taste red and purple popcorn.
- Eat all the comfort food at the 50s Prime Time Cafe.
- Purchase an elite bathrobe at the Tower of Terror exit shop.
- Join the Green Army for some fun and games.
- Eat a galaxy’s worth of food at Ronto Roasters.
- Take home a friend from Batuu.
- Get scolded by representatives of the Empire.
- Shop for Pandora jewelry that has nothing to do with Avatar.
- Examine some artifacts from Indiana Jones’ adventures.
- Wave at Chewbacca.
- Pose in front of a popsicle wall.
- Watch the Muppets in 3D.
- Spike your slushee.
- Pose at the Millennium Falcon.
- Dig into pretzels and cider at Baseline Taphouse.
- Take a pic with BIG WOODY.
- Admire costumes from your favorite films.
- Shop for Rebel attire.
- Nosh on mushroom pizza.
- Watch some classic sci-fi movie clips while dining in a car at Sci-Fi Dine-In.
- Pick out the perfect lightsaber with which to save the world.
- Get a hearty breakfast at Woody’s Lunchbox.
- Join the Racing Academy.
- Soak up some seasonal decor.
- Picture your kids in a scene from their favorite show.
- Marvel at the wonder that is the Miss Piggy fountain.
- Watch Doc McStuffins in a character cavalcade.
- Experience Disney Junior characters live at Hollywood & Vine.
- Cuddle with a porg.
What are your favorite non-ride activities at Disney’s Hollywood Studios?
2 thoughts on “52 Things to Do at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Without Going on Rides”
Is the Disney Junior Dance party back to pre Covid with the characters? Going in September with a 4 yo Grand and he is all about the Mickey interactions
It’s not back to pre-covid (so no host or actors, just a DJ), and it has characters.