Morning Extra Magic Hours allow Disney resort guests into the theme parks an hour before everyone else. That gets you into the park as early as 7:00 a.m. or 8:00 a.m., depending on the time of year and the park. Since most vacationers are reluctant to get to the parks early, Morning Extra Magic Hours are an excellent time to experience headliner attractions.
Note the following tips for touring during Extra Magic Hour mornings:
- Arrive prior to park opening! No matter the time of year, the earlier you arrive, the shorter the waits will be.
- If you cannot arrive at park opening, consider going to another theme park.
- You will need to show your valid resort room key at the turnstile (or, for Magic Kingdom, at the Transportation and Ticket Center) to enter a theme park during Morning Extra Magic Hours. Be sure that everyone in your party has his or her own resort room key.
- Parks with Extra Magic Hours attract lots of resort guests, even those who cannot arrive until later in the day Thus parks with Morning Extra Magic Hours are typically the most crowded on a given day. (See the Crowd Calendar.
- Consider leaving the park by late morning when lines get long.
- Our data show that Morning Extra Magic Hours are most beneficial in Magic Kingdom and Epcot. Due to the limited number of attractions, they are of negligible value (and may sometimes be worse than touring during the first hour a park is open on a normal day) in Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios.
- Since Animal Kingdom has few attractions and short hours, it is often a good park to to hop to because it is less crowded in the afternoon than other parks. Or head to any park and watch high-capacity shows that you missed on a different day.
- Not all attractions are open during Morning Extra Magic Hours. Know which attractions are open and plan your tour accordingly.
- Do not waste time eating during Morning Extra Magic Hours. Since you are starting your day early, eat before you leave or pack a snack so that you can delay eating lunch until around 11:00 a.m. when restaurants open (and food lines will be short).
- FASTPASS tickets are generally available during Morning Extra Magic Hours. Note that the FASTPASS return times will not be until after the park has opened to the general public.
Disney varies the days on which Extra Magic Hours occur, especially during busy times of year. For that reason, check our Crowd Calendar for specific hours during your visit. In addition, the Extra Magic Hours schedule is in the packet of information you receive upon checking into your resort and is often posted in the lobby of Disney resorts.
Click on a park below for a list of attractions available during Morning Extra Magic Hours:
|Park||Day(s) Usually Offered|
|Animal Kingdom||Monday and Wednesday|