Description And Comments
The icon of Magic Kingdom (and, to some extent, of Walt Disney World and the Disney corporation), Cinderella Castle sits at the center of the park and serves as a majestic gateway to Fantasyland.
The castle, itself, is ornately decorated with spires, turrets, a moat, and beautiful mosaics that most guests overlook as they rush through.
Cinderella Castle is also home to:
- Cinderella's Royal Table, a table service restaurant where guests can dine with royalty (reservations strongly recommended).
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, where guests can get princess makeovers complete with dresses, manicures, hair designs, etc. (reservations strongly recommended).
- Cinderella Castle Suite, a regal hotel room created for a Disney promotion and now put to unknown uses.
Also note that Cinderella Castle is used as a projection screen during fireworks shows and Magic, Memories, and You! Furthermore, it is home to the Cinderella's Holiday Wish show that lights up the castle beautifully during the holiday season.
Although the castle is huge and beautiful, the only part of it that merits a close-up viewing is the artwork in the tunnel between the hub and Fantasyland. These mosaics that depict scenes from Cinderella are missed by most guests, so stop and enjoy at your leisure. Note that parts of the area under the castle are used to stage the Castle Forecourt shows that take place throughout the day; this makes some murals inaccessible, so for best viewing visit first thing in the morning (often you can look at them while waiting for the Fantasyland rope drop) or late in the day after the final Castle Forecourt show.
Other Attractions in Fantasyland
- Ariel's Grotto
- Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- it's a small world
- Mad Tea Party
- Mickey's PhilharMagic
- Pete's Silly Sideshow: Meet Goofy and Donald
- Pete's Silly Sideshow: Meet Minnie and Daisy
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Princess Fairytale Hall: Meet Cinderella and a Visiting Princess
- Princess Fairytale Hall: Meet Rapunzel and a Visiting Princess
- Royal Majesty Makers
- Storybook Circus Giggle Gang
- The Barnstormer
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Walt Disney World Railroad Fantasyland Station
- Wowzer the Clown
Touring Plans with Cinderella Castle
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Standard Hours
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Morning Extra Magic Hours