Description And Comments
The Main Street Electrical Parade (MSEP) is the current nightly cavalcade at the Magic Kingdom. Its soundtrack—Baroque Hoedown—is a synthesizer-heavy testament to what prog rock might have been with access to modern technology and antidepressants. In our opinion, the Magic Kingdom’s nighttime parade is always the best in Walt Disney World, and the Electrical Parade is the standard against which everything else is judged. Disney is known to swap out parades (MSEP replaced SpectroMagic in 2010), and may do so at any time. If you’re at Disney World while MSEP is running, make a special trip to see it.
- This attraction offers FastPass+.
Magic Kingdom parades circle Town Square, head down Main Street, go around the Central Plaza, and cross the bridge to Liberty Square. In Liberty Square, they follow the waterfront and end in Frontierland. Sometimes they begin in Frontierland and run the route in the opposite direction. Most guests watch from the Central Plaza or from Main Street. One of the best and most popular vantage points is the upper platform of the Walt Disney World Railroad station at the Town Square end of Main Street. This is also a good place for watching the Wishes fireworks show, as well as for ducking out of the park ahead of the crowd when the fireworks end. The problem is, you have to stake out your position 30–45 minutes before the events begin.
Because most spectators pack Main Street and the Central Plaza, we recommend watching the parade from Liberty Square or Frontierland. Great vantage points frequently overlooked are as follows:
- Sleepy Hollow snack-and-beverage shop, immediately to your right as you cross the bridge into Liberty Square. If you arrive early, buy refreshments and claim a table closest to the rail. You’ll have a perfect view of the parade as it crosses Liberty Square Bridge, but only when the parade begins on Main Street.
- The pathway on the Liberty Square side of the moat from Sleepy Hollow snackand- beverage shop to Cinderella Castle. Any point along this path offers a clear and unobstructed view as the parade crosses Liberty Square Bridge. Once again, this spot works only for parades coming from Main Street.
- The covered walkway between Liberty Tree Tavern and The Diamond Horseshoe Saloon. This elevated vantage point is perfect (particularly on rainy days) and usually goes unnoticed until just before the parade starts.
- Elevated wooden platforms in front of the Frontierland Shootin’ Arcade, Frontier Trading Post, and the building with the sign reading frontier mercantile. These spots usually get picked off 10– 12 minutes before parade time.
- Benches on the perimeter of the Central Plaza, between the entrances to Liberty Square and Adventureland. Usually unoccupied until after the parade begins, they offer a comfortable resting place and unobstructed (though somewhat distant) view of the parade as it crosses Liberty Square Bridge. What you lose in proximity, you gain in comfort.
- Liberty Square and Frontierland dockside areas; spots here usually go early.
- The elevated porch of Tony’s Town Square Restaurant on Main Street provides
an elevated viewing platform and an easy path to the park exit when the
fireworks are over.
- We rate this attraction as Not To Be Missed.
FastPass+ is available for the Main Street Electrical Parade although we don't recommend using one of your initial 3 FastPass+ selections for this attraction. Since you are not allowed to obtain a 4th FastPass+ until your initial 3 are used or expired, choosing a nighttime event like MSEP all but eliminates the opportunity for additional FastPass+ selections.
The FastPass+ viewing area for this parade is around the flagpole on the far end of Main Street, nearest the train station and park entrance. Depending on where you're at within this area, some of the floats may appear too close for good photographs.
Other Attractions in Main Street, U.S.A.
- Casey's Corner Pianist
- Celebrate the Magic
- Dapper Dans
- Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade
- Dream Along With Mickey
- Flag Retreat
- Hook & Ladder Co.
- Magic Kingdom Welcome Show
- Main Street Philharmonic
- Main Street Trolley Show
- Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
- Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
- Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! Street Party
- Walt Disney World Railroad Main Street U.S.A. Station
- Wishes Nighttime Spectacular
Touring Plans with Main Street Electrical Parade
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Adult One-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Tweens and Their Parents
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Magic Kingdom Happy Family Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Late Arrival One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Grandparents with Small Children
- Magic Kingdom Adult Plan-One Afternoon and One Full Day - Afternoon
- Magic Kingdom Adult Plan-One Afternoon and One Full Day - Full Day
- Magic Kingdom Adult One-Day Holiday Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 1
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Standard Hours
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Magic Kingdom Morning Extra Magic Hours
- See all Touring Plans...
|Shows at 9pm, and 11pm|
As of 7:37am EDT on 5/27/15
Party of 1
|Available for 8:30p and 10:30p|
|Latest MK FP+ Availability|
|Location||Main Street, U.S.A.|
|Opening Date||June 17, 1972|
|Scope and scale||Major Attraction|
Let us know.