Evening Extra Magic Hours allow Disney resort guests to continue riding attractions 3 hours (2 hours, beginning January 2013) after everyone else. Depending on the time of year, this can keep Magic Kingdom open as late as 3:00 a.m.!
Note the following tips for touring during Extra Magic Hour Evenings:
- The later that Extra Magic Hours go, the better. For example, many people are willing to stay awake until 11:00 p.m,, but far fewer can make it until 3:00 a.m.
- During busy times of year, make sure you can stay until the end of Extra Magic Hours. You often will not see lines diminish until the last 30-60 minutes of the Evening Extra Magic Hours.
- You will need to show your valid resort room key before entering the queue for an attraction, so make sure each person keeps his or her room key handy. If you arrive at a theme park during Extra Magic Hours, you will need to show your room key at the turnstiles.
- You need valid park admission to enter a theme park, even during Extra Magic Hours. This means that if you visited a different park earlier in the day, your ticket must have the Park Hopper option to enter a park during Extra Magic Hours.
- Evening Extra Magic Hours at Epcot are often not beneficial. EMH extends the closing time to 11 p.m. or midnight most nights of the year, and most people can stay up that late. In addition, guests are spread among a small number of open attractions.
- Evening Extra Magic Hours at Animal Kingdom were discontinued in Spring 2011 and are no longer offered.
- Food offerings may be limited during Extra Magic Hour Evenings. Take this into account when planning your dining.
- Except during the busiest times of the year, FASTPASS is not available during Evening Extra Magic Hours.
Disney varies the days on which Extra Magic Hours occur, especially during busy times of year. For that reason, check our Crowd Calendar for specific hours during your visit. In addition, the Extra Magic Hours schedule is in the packet of information you receive upon checking into your resort and is often posted in the lobby of Disney resorts.
Click on a park below for a list of attractions available during Evening Extra Magic Hours:
|Park||Day Typically Offered|