Description And Comments
Flights of Wonder is well paced and showcases a surprising number of bird species. The show has been rescripted, abandoning a fanciful plot for a more straightforward educational presentation. The focus of Flights of Wonder is on the natural talents and characteristics of the various species, so don't expect to see any parrots riding bicycles--the bird's natural behaviors far surpass any tricks learned from humans. A Brattleboro, Vermont, reader found Flights of Wonder especially compelling, writing:
The ornithologist guide is not only a wealth of information but a talented, comedic entertainer. The birds are thrilling, and we especially appreciated the fact that their antics, although fascinating to behold, were not the results of training against the grain but actual survival techniques the birds use in the wild.
Flights of Wonder exceeded the expectations of a Colorado Springs family with two elementary-school-age kids:
A coworker with kids the same age as ours said her kids loved Flights of Wonder. Midway through the show I stopped taking pictures of the birds and began taking pictures of the expressions of amazement and joy on the faces of my kids and husband.
- This attraction offers FastPass+.
Flights of Wonder plays at the stadium near the Asia Bridge on the walkway into Asia. Though the stadium is covered, it's not air- conditioned, thus, early-morning and late-afternoon performances are more comfortable. To play it safe, arrive about 10-15 minutes before showtime.
Performance times are listed in the handout park map or Times Guide.
Other Attractions in Asia
- DJ Anaan
- Expedition Everest - Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
- Kali River Rapids
- Maharajah Jungle Trek
Touring Plans with Flights of Wonder
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Animal Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan (without Expedition Everest)
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Animal Kingdom
- Animal Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan
- One-Day Touring Plan for Tweens and Their Parents
- One-Day Happy Family Touring Plan
- See all Touring Plans...
|Park is closed|
As of 12:05am EDT on 3/17/16
Party of 1
|Latest AK FP+ Availability|
|Opening Date||April 22, 1998|
|Scope and scale||Major Attraction|
|Closures / Refurbishments|
Let us know.