Description And Comments
Finding Nemo—The Musical is arguably the most elaborate live show in any Disney World theme park. Incorporating dancing, special effects, and sophisticated digital backdrops of the undersea world, it features on-stage human performers retelling Nemo’s story with colorful, larger-than-life puppets. To be fair, ”puppets” doesn’t adequately convey the size or detail of these props, many of which are as big as a car and require two people to manipulate.
A few scenes, such as one in which Nemo’s mom is eaten, may be too intense for some very small children. Some of the midshow musical numbers slow the pace, so the main concern for parents is whether the kids can sit still for an entire show. With that in mind, we advise parents to catch a pre-lunchtime performance—around 11:30 a.m. would be great. If the kids get restless, you can either leave the show and have lunch, or head back to your hotel for a break.
New Jersey drama critics have their own way with words, as this family of five demonstrates:
The Finding Nemo musical is da bomb! The musical was amazing! It’s a flawless package of puppetry, effects, music, and lots of Disney magic!
- This attraction offers FastPass+.
To get a seat, show up 20–25 minutes in advance for morning and late-afternoon shows, and 30–35 minutes in advance for shows scheduled between noon and 4:30 p.m. Access to the theater is via a relatively narrow pedestrian path—if you arrive as the previous show is letting out, you’ll feel like a salmon swimming upstream. Finding Nemo is rarely a good use of FastPass+.
- We rate this attraction as Not To Be Missed.
Performance times are listed in the handout park map or Times Guide.
Other Attractions in DinoLand U.S.A.
Touring Plans with Finding Nemo - The Musical
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Animal Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan (without Expedition Everest)
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Animal Kingdom
- Animal Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan
- One-Day Touring Plan for Tweens and Their Parents
- One-Day Happy Family Touring Plan
- See all Touring Plans...
|Shows at 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 4pm, 5pm, and 6pm|
As of 11:04am EDT on 9/26/16
Party of 1
|Available for 12:30p, 1:30p, 3:30p, 4:30p, and 5:30p|
|Latest AK FP+ Availability|
|Opening Date||January 24, 2007|
|Scope and scale||Major Attraction|
Let us know.