Subscribe Now: 1 Full Year for Only $7.95!
Get full access to the DLR Crowd Calendar, Lines Mobile App, Touring Plans and More!
"Our TouringPlans subscription was a lifesaver on our trip. One of the busiest days of the year, and we never waited longer than 20 minutes!"
- Smith Family, KY
Description And Comments
Originally opened as the Orange Stinger, with guests seated in swings flying around a giant citrus fruit, the ride was redone in 2009 as part of the DCA refurbishment and expansion. The new theme pays tribute to the 1935 Mickey Mouse cartoon The Band Concert, the first color Mickey cartoon released to the public, but the new effect is still the same. In the scary development, it's a wilder ride than Dumbo, but foot chop notwithstanding, SSS is still just swings going in circles. A number of tandem swings are available to allow children between 40" and 48" to ride with a parent; look for a separate tandem line to the left as you approach the attraction.
This is a fun and visually appealing ride, but it's also one that loads slowly and occasions long waits unless you ride during the first hour or so the park is open. Be aware that it's possible for the swing chairs to collide when the ride comes to a stop--the author once picked up a nice bruise when an empty swing smacked him during touchdown.
The Tandem line is often much shorter than the wait for Singles, so if you're a parent with a short-enough child, spring for this line!
Other Attractions in Paradise Pier
- California Screamin'
- Golden Zephyr
- Goofy's Sky School
- Jumpin' Jellyfish
- King Triton's Carousel
- Mickey's Fun Wheel - Non Swinging
- Mickey's Fun Wheel - Swinging
- Operation: Playtime! - featuring the Green Army Men
- Paradise Garden Bandstand
- Silly Symphony Swings - Single
- The Little Mermaid ~ Ariel's Undersea Adventure
- Toy Story Midway Mania!
- World of Color
Touring Plans with Silly Symphony Swings - Tandem
- Disney California Adventure One-Day Plan for Adults
- Disney California Adventure One-Day Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Disney California Adventure Late Arrival One-Day Plan for Parents with Small Children