Description And Comments
This attraction recalls the story of Alice in Wonderland with some nice surprises and colorful effects. Guests ride nifty caterpillar cars in this Disney spook-house adaptation. Though not a spring chicken, Alice is a third-generation Disney dark ride with more vibrant, evocative, and three-dimensional sets and characters than Pinocchio's Daring Journey or Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. This is also the only two-story Disney dark ride with an outdoor section.
In 2014 Alice underwent an extensive refurbishment that brought the elevated outdoor track up to modern safety standards and and added advanced new projection effects utilizing original hand-drawn animation to bring the static sets to life, reinvigorating the ride without ruining its classic charm.
- Open for Early Entry.
This is a well-done ride in the best Disney tradition, with familiar characters, good effects, and a theme you can follow—too bad it loads very slowly. Do not confuse it with the Mad Tea Party ride. This very popular attraction can build quite a lengthy line as the morning progresses, so we like to ride this as early in the day as possible, usually right after Peter Pan’s Flight.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Alice in Wonderland when you visit on a day with a given Disneyland Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Alice in Wonderland Wait Times.
This is a very well-done ride in the best Disney tradition, with familiar characters, good effects, and a theme you can follow. Too bad it loads very slowly. Do not confuse with Mad Tea Party ride.
Wheelchair Access: Proceed through the exit next to the Mad Hatter store.
Other Attractions in Fantasyland
- Casey Jr. Circus Train
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- it's a small world
- King Arthur Carrousel
- Mad Tea Party
- Matterhorn Bobsleds
- Mickey and the Magical Map
- Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
- Pearly Band
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Pinocchio's Daring Journey
- Pixie Hollow
- Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough
- Snow White's Scary Adventures
- Storybook Land Canal Boats
- Storytelling at Royal Theatre
- The Royal Hall
- The Royal Swing Big Band Ball
Touring Plans with Alice in Wonderland
- Disneyland One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Disneyland Author's Select One-Day Plan
- Disneyland Dumbo-or-Die-in-a-Day Plan
- Disneyland Two-Day Plan for Adults with Children - Day 2
- Disneyland Two-Day Plan A - Day 1
- Late Arrival Plan for Parents with Small Children
- One-Day, Two-Parks Plan: Part 2 of 2
- Adult Plan-One Afternoon and One Full Day - Full Day 2
- One-Day Plan for Parents with Small Children
- See all Touring Plans...