Description And Comments
Another boat ride, this time indoors, Pirates of the Caribbean takes you through a series of sets depicting a pirate raid on an island settlement, from the bombardment of the fortress to the debauchery that follows the victory. The attraction includes characters Jack Sparrow and Barbossa in animatronic form, as well as a high-tech mist projection of Davy Jones, from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies.
Another not-to-be-missed attraction. Undoubtedly one of the most elaborate and imaginative attractions in Disneyland Park. Though engineered to move large crowds, this ride sometimes gets overwhelmingly busy in the early and midafternoon. Try to ride before noon or while a parade or Fantasmic! is in progress. If you have only experienced the Walt Disney World version of Pirates, don’t bypass Disneyland’s version thinking that it’s more of the same: The original ride is far longer, more detailed, and better maintained than its Floridian cousin.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Pirates of the Caribbean when you visit on a day with a given Disneyland Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Pirates of the Caribbean Wait Times.
- We rate this attraction as Not To Be Missed.
Our pick as one of Disneyland’s very best. Frightens some small children.
Other Attractions in New Orleans Square
- Disneyland Railroad New Orleans Square Station
- Haunted Mansion
- Jambalaya Jazz
- Royal Street Bachelors
- The Bootstrappers
Touring Plans with Pirates of the Caribbean
- Disneyland One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Disneyland Author's Select One-Day Plan
- Disneyland Dumbo-or-Die-in-a-Day Plan
- Disneyland Two-Day Plan for Adults with Children - Day 1
- Disneyland Two-Day Plan A - Day 2
- Disneyland Two-Day Plan B - Day 1
- Late Arrival Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Date Nite
- One-Day, Two-Parks Plan: Part 2 of 2
- Adult Plan-One Afternoon and One Full Day - Full Day 2
- One-Day Plan for Parents with Small Children
- See all Touring Plans...
|Wait per 100 people ahead||3 minutes|
|Assumes||42 boats operating|
When to go
Before 11:30 a.m. or after 4:30 p.m.
|Location||New Orleans Square|
|Opening Date||March 18, 1967|
|Scope and scale||Major Attraction|
|Closures / Refurbishments|
Let us know.