Subscribe Now: 1 Full Year for Only $6.95!
Get full access to the UOR Crowd Calendar, Lines Mobile App, Touring Plans and More!
"Our TouringPlans subscription was a lifesaver on our trip. One of the busiest days of the year, and we never waited longer than 20 minutes!"
- Smith Family, KY
Description And Comments
Universal's answer to Disney's vintage Fantasyland dark rides, this indoor, sit-down attraction recounts the entire Cat in the Hat story from beginning to end, in a little more than four minutes. Guests ride on “couches” through 18 different sets inhabited by animatronic Seuss characters. Of course, mayhem ensues when Cat brings Thing 1 and Thing 2 over to play, as the beleaguered goldfish who tries to maintain order in the midst of bedlam, but the entire mess is cleaned up just before mom gets home.
The audio narration is clear and each scene is crammed with the kind of crazy furniture and bizarre housewares found in the book. The ride is straightforward enough, but we wish the ride had more sophisticated animatronics and better effects. Unfortunately, as of 2014 the ride has had its energetic spinning greatly dampened, and a new height minimum has been imposed, reducing its appeal for both tykes and teens.
- This attraction participates in Universal Express.
This is fun for all ages. Try to ride early, or late in the day after families with young children have started to depart.
Since the vehicles now barely spin, we think there's almost nothing here to frighten small children beyond some loud noises. A father of three from Natick, Massachusetts, disagrees:
The Cat in the Hat ride has quite the fright potential... My wife took my fairly advanced 3 ½-year-old daughter on the ride, and she was screaming her head off. Nearly two years later, she still reminds me of the scary Cat in the Hat ride (it hasn't affected her love for the books, though!).
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for The Cat in the Hat when you visit on a day with a given Universal's Islands of Adventure Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will be at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see The Cat in the Hat Wait Times.
- This attraction has a minimum-height requirement of 36 inches.
36" minimum height requirement. Children under 48" must be accompanied by a supervising companion.
Other Attractions in Seuss Landing
- If I Ran the Zoo
- Oh! The Stories You'll Hear!
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
- The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride!
Touring Plans with The Cat in the Hat
- Islands of Adventure One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Islands of Adventure One Day Touring Plan for Seniors
- Universal Orlando Highlights One-Day/Two-Park Plan with Early Entry PART 2
- Universal Orlando Highlights One-Day/Two-Park Plan without Early Entry PART 2
- Islands of Adventure One-Day Plan without Early Entry
- Universal Orlando Two-Day/Two-Park Plan with Early Entry DAY 1/PART 2
- Universal Orlando Two-Day/Two-Park Plan without Early Entry DAY 1/PART 2
- Islands of Adventure One-Day Plan with Early Entry
- See all Touring Plans...