Subscribe Now: 1 Full Year for Only $14.95!
Get full access to the WDW Crowd Calendar, Lines Mobile App, Touring Plans and More!
"Our TouringPlans subscription was a lifesaver on our trip. One of the busiest days of the year, and we never waited longer than 20 minutes!"
- Smith Family, KY
Description And Comments
Walt Disney World offers several interactive games in its theme parks, and Wilderness Explorers is the best of the bunch—a scavenger hunt based on Russell’s Boy Scout–esque troop from the movie Up. Players earn “badges” (stickers given out by cast members) for completing predefined activities throughout the park. For example, to earn the Gorilla Badge, you walk the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail to observe how the primates behave, then mimic that behavior back to a cast member to show what you’ve seen.
Register for the game near the bridge from The Oasis to Discovery Island. You’ll be given an instruction book and a map showing the park location for each badge to be earned.
Cast members have been specially trained for this game and can tailor the activities based on the age of the child playing: Small children might get an explanation about what deforestation means, for example, while older kids may have to figure out why tigers have stripes. It’s tons of fun for kids and adults, and we play it every time we’re in the park.
Activities are spread throughout the park, including areas to which many guests never venture. You have to ride specific attractions to earn certain badges, so using FastPass+ for those will save time.
- We rate this attraction as Not To Be Missed.
Collecting all 32 badges takes 3–5 hours, which can be done over several days.
Other Attractions in Discovery Island
- Discovery Island Carnivale
- Discovery Island Sunset Serenatas
- Discovery Island Trails
- It's Tough to Be a Bug!
- Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost
- Viva Gaia Street Band
Touring Plans with Wilderness Explorers
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Animal Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan (without Expedition Everest)
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Animal Kingdom
- Animal Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan
- One-Day Touring Plan for Tweens and Their Parents
- Animal Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan with Pandora open
- See all Touring Plans...