Description And Comments
The boat ride takes visitors through swamps, past inhospitable farm environments, and through a futuristic greenhouse where real crops are grown using the latest agricultural technologies. The greenhouse exhibits change constantly: Along with familiar fruits and grains such as tomatoes, corn, and rice, recent plantings include fluted pumpkins, hot peppers, and-more exotic foods such as Malabar nuts, pandan, caimito, and amaranth. This produce is used in restaurants throughout WDW.
Many Epcot guests assume that Living with the Land will be too dry and educational for their tastes. A woman from Houston writes:
I had a bad attitude about Living with the Land—I just didn’t think I was up for a movie about wheat farming. Wow, was I surprised!
- This attraction offers FastPass+.
- Open for Morning Extra Magic Hour.
- Open for Evening Extra Magic Hours.
See this attraction before the lunch crowd hits The Land’s restaurants. Living with the Land is rarely a good use of FastPass+. If you have a special interest in the agricultural techniques being demonstrated, take the Behind the Seeds at Epcot tour
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Living with the Land when you visit on a day with a given Epcot Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Living with the Land Wait Times.
- We rate this attraction as Not To Be Missed.
Go early in the morning and save other Land attractions (except for Soarin') for later in the day. The ride is on the pavilion’s lower level.
- Handheld Captioning Available
- Audio Description Devices Available
- Must Transfer To Standard Wheelchair
Other Attractions in Future World
- Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
- Ellen's Energy Adventure
- Journey Into Imagination With Figment
- Joyful! A Gospel Celebration of the Season
- Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot
- Mission: SPACE Green
- Mission: SPACE Orange
- Spaceship Earth
- Test Track
- The Circle of Life
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Turtle Talk with Crush
Touring Plans with Living with the Land
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Tweens and Their Parents
- Epcot Two-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors - Day 1
- Epcot One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Late Arrival One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Late Arrival Selective One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Adults - Day 2
- Epcot One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot Disney Cruise One-Day Highlights Touring Plan
- Epcot Morning Touring Plan
- Epcot Afternoon Touring Plan for Future World
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Epcot
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot Unofficial Guide Two-Day Sunrise/Starlight Touring Plan - Starlight
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Early Riser Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 1
- Parent's Epcot Plan:1 Afternoon and 1 Full Day (Full Day)
- See all Touring Plans...
|Indoor boat-ride adventure chronicling the past, present, and future of farming and agriculture in the United States|
As of 11:02am EST on 12/10/16
Party of 1
|Available for 12:05p, 12:40p, 1:25p, 1:30p, 2p, 2:30p, 3:15p, 3:30p, 4:20p, 4:45p, 5:25p, and 5:30p|
|Latest EP FP+ Availability|
|Wait per 100 people ahead||3 minutes|
|Assumes||15 boats operating|
When to go
Before 10:30 a.m. or after 5 p.m., or use Fastpass if available
|Opening Date||October 1, 1982|
|Scope and scale||Major Attraction|
|Closures / Refurbishments|
Let us know.