Description And Comments
Journey into Imagination takes you on a tour of the zany Imagination Institute. Sometimes you’re a passive observer and sometimes you’re a test subject as the ride provides a glimpse of the fictitious lab’s inner workings. Stimulating all your senses and then some, it hits you with optical illusions, an experiment in which noise generates colors, a room that defies gravity, and other brain teasers. All along the way, Figment (a purple dragon) makes surprise appearances. After the ride, you can adjourn to an interactive exhibit area offering some basic imagery technology.
Reader responses to Figment and company are pretty consistent. From a Franklin, Tennessee, family of three:
Journey into Imagination should be experienced only if you’re a HUGE Figment fan—we, on the other hand, hated it. My husband was convinced after our touring plan sent us to Figment that all touring plans were a waste of time.
The ride falls short of the promise suggested by its name. Will you go to sleep? No. Will you find it amusing? Probably. Will you remember it tomorrow? Only Figment knows.
The standby wait for this attraction have increased significantly because of FastPass+, but it’s rarely a good choice as a reservation. You can enjoy the interactive postshow exhibit without taking the ride, so save it for later in the day.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Journey Into Imagination With Figment when you visit on a day with a given Epcot Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Journey Into Imagination With Figment Wait Times.
Other Attractions in Future World
- Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
- Ellen's Energy Adventure
- Living with the Land
- Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot
- Mission: SPACE Green
- Mission: SPACE Orange
- Spaceship Earth
- Sum of All Thrills (in Innoventions East)
- Test Track
- The Circle of Life
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Turtle Talk with Crush
Touring Plans with Journey Into Imagination With Figment
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Epcot Two-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors - Day 1
- Epcot One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Late Arrival One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Late Arrival Selective One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Adults - Day 2
- Epcot One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot Late Arrival Not-A-Touring-Plan Plan for Parents and Adults
- Epcot Morning Touring Plan
- Epcot Afternoon Touring Plan for Future World
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Epcot
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot Unofficial Guide Two-Day Sunrise/Starlight Touring Plan - Starlight
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Early Riser Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 1
- Parent's Epcot Plan:1 Afternoon and 1 Full Day (Full Day)
- See all Touring Plans...
As of 5:01pm EDT on 8/23/16
Party of 1
|Available for 5:30p|
|Latest EP FP+ Availability|
|Wait per 100 people ahead||2 minutes|
When to go
|Opening Date||June 1, 2002|
|Scope and scale||Major Attraction|
|Closures / Refurbishments|
Let us know.