Description And Comments
Though visually appealing, the Astro Orbiter is still a slow-loading carnival ride. The fat little rocket ships simply fly in circles. The best thing about the Astro Orbiter is the nice view when you're aloft.
Expendable on any schedule. If you ride with preschoolers, seat them first, then board. The Astro Orbiter flies higher and faster than Dumbo and frightens some young children. It also apparently messes with some adults. A mother from Lev Hashomnon, Israel, attests:
It was a nightmare—people should be forewarned. I was able to sit through all the “Mountains,” the “Tours,” and the like without my stomach reacting even a little, but after Astro Orbiter I thought I would be finished for the rest of the day. Very quickly I realized that my only chance for survival was to pick a point on the toe of my shoe and stare at it (and certainly not lift my eyes out of the “jet”) until the ride was over. My 4-year-old was my copilot; she loved it (go figure), and she had us up high the whole time.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Astro Orbiter when you visit on a day with a given Magic Kingdom Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Astro Orbiter Wait Times.
This attraction is not as innocuous as it appears.
Other Attractions in Tomorrowland
- A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas Show
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Space Mountain
- Stitch's Great Escape!
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
- Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
Touring Plans with Astro Orbiter
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Dumbo-or-Die-in-a-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Happy Family Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Younger and Older Children
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Dumbo-or-Die Touring Plan - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Touring Plan for Junior Pirates and Explorers Ages 4-8
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Junior Pirates and Adventurers Ages 4 to 8 - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Princess Fans Ages 4 to 8 - Day 2
- Ultimate Touing Plan: Magic Kingdom
- See all Touring Plans...