Description And Comments
This is a ride around the perimeter of the Magic Kingdom aboard a real steam-powered locomotive, with stops in Frontierland and Fantasyland. Views from the train include a peek into each land except Adventureland (where you’re apt to see more of the behind-the-scenes infrastructure). While it’s much faster to walk to any of the other stations, the train is more relaxing. The most scenic part of the tour is between the Frontierland and Main Street U.S.A. stations. If you’re in Frontierland and headed out of the park, it’s a nice way to end your visit.
Save the train until after you’ve seen the featured attractions, or use it when you need transportation. On busy days, lines form at the Frontierland Station but rarely at the Main Street Station. Wheelchair access is available at the Frontierland and Fantasyland Stations.
Finally, note that the railroad shuts down immediately before and during parades. Check your park guide map or Times Guide for parade times. Needless to say, this is not the time to queue up for the train.
Main Street is usually the least congested station.
- Handheld Captioning Available
- Audio Description Devices Available
- Must Transfer To Standard Wheelchair
Only folded strollers are permitted on the train, so you can’t board with your rented Disney stroller. You can, however, obtain a replacement stroller at your destination. Just take your personal belongings, stroller name card, and rental receipt with you on the train.
Other Attractions in Main Street, U.S.A.
- Casey's Corner Pianist
- Celebrate the Magic
- Dapper Dans
- Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade
- Flag Retreat
- Magic Kingdom Welcome Show
- Main Street Electrical Parade
- Main Street Philharmonic
- Main Street Trolley Show
- Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
- Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theater
- Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It! Street Party
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
- Wishes Nighttime Spectacular
Touring Plans with Walt Disney World Railroad Main Street U.S.A. Station
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Grandparents with Small Children
- Magic Kingdom Adult One-Day Holiday Touring Plan
|Scenic railroad ride around the perimeter of the Magic Kingdom, and transportation to Frontierland and Fantasyland.|
|Wait per 100 people ahead||8 minutes|
|Assumes||2 or more trains operating|
When to go
|Location||Main Street, U.S.A.|
|Opening Date||October 1, 1971|
|Scope and scale||Minor Attraction|
|Closures / Refurbishments|
Let us know.