You begin and end your Magic Kingdom visit on Main Street, which may open 30 minutes before and closes 30 minutes–1 hour after the rest of the park. The Walt Disney World Railroad stops at the Main Street Station; board here for a grand tour of the park or a ride to Frontierland or Fantasyland.
Main Street is a Disneyfied turn-of-the-20th-century small-town American thoroughfare. Its buildings are real, not elaborate props. Attention to detail is exceptional: Furnishings and fixtures are true to the period. Along the street are shops, character-greeting venues, eating places, City Hall, and a fire station. Occasionally, horse-drawn trolleys, fire engines, and horseless carriages transport visitors along Main Street to the Central Plaza.
The circular area around the Central Plaza is a paved, landscaped FastPass+ viewing area for the large crowds that watch the evening parades and fireworks. And to disperse very heavy crowds, the areas behind the shops on either side of Main Street can become pedestrian walkways for guests to exit and enter the park during those parades and fireworks. The most frequently used arcade runs from just past Tony’s Town Square Restaurant to the Tomorrowland side of The Plaza
Main Street Services
Most park services are centered on Main Street, including:
- Baby Center / Baby-Care Needs Next to the Crystal Palace, left around the central hub (toward Adventureland)
- Banking Services Automated tellers (ATMs) at the far right of the entrance near locker rentals, City Hall, the entrance to Adventureland, at Pinocchio Village Haus, and at the Tomorrowland Arcade, close to the Space Mountain exit.
- First Aid Next to the Crystal Palace, left around the central hub (toward Adventureland)
- Live Entertainment and Parade Info Pick up a park map and Times Guide as you enter the park.
- Lost and Found City Hall at the railroad-station end of Main Street
- Lost Persons City Hall
- Storage Lockers Ground floor of the railroad station at the end of Main Street; all lockers cleaned out each night
- Walt Disney World and Local Attraction Information City Hall
Related Blogs on Main Street, U.S.A.:
The Disney's in the Details: Main Street, U.S.A.
A Disney Bucket List (featuring "Ride a Trolley on Main Street, U.S.A.")
Also in Main Street, U.S.A....
- Casey's Corner
- Castle Central Plaza Popcorn & Ice Cream
- Cinderella's Royal Table
- Joffrey's Transportation and Ticket Center
- Magic Kingdom Popcorn Carts
- Main Street Bakery
- Main Street Ice Cold Refreshment Cart
- Main Street Popcorn Cart
- Plaza Ice Cream Parlor
- The Crystal Palace
- The Main Street Confectionary
- The Plaza Restaurant
- Tony's Town Square Restaurant
- Town Square Ice Cream Cart