Subscribe Now: 1 Full Year for Only $14.95!
Get full access to the WDW Crowd Calendar, Lines Mobile App, Touring Plans and More!
"Our TouringPlans subscription was a lifesaver on our trip. One of the busiest days of the year, and we never waited longer than 20 minutes!"
- Smith Family, KY
Description And Comments
It’s a Small World is a happy, upbeat indoor attraction with a mind-numbing tune that only a backhoe can remove from your brain. Small boats carry visitors on a tour around the world, with singing and dancing dolls showcasing the dress and culture of each nation. One of Disney’s oldest entertainment offerings, Small World first unleashed its brainwashing song and lethally cute ethnic dolls on the real world at the 1964 New York World’s Fair—the original exhibit was moved to Disneyland after the fair, and a duplicate was created for Walt Disney World when it opened in 1971.
Though it bludgeons you with its sappy redundancy, almost everyone enjoys It’s a Small World (the first time, anyway). It stands, however, with Enchanted Tiki Room in the “What were they smokin’?” category.
A reader from Campbellton, New Brunswick, has developed a unique mechanism for coping with the annoying repetition of the theme song:
If, like me, you can’t stand It’s a Small World but get dragged on anyway, (1) ask to sit at the back of the boat, then (2) once you’re in the building, pull out your iPhone and headphones and blast some heavy metal. You’d be amazed at how different and deceptively funny the ride becomes!
- This attraction offers FastPass+.
- Open for Morning Extra Magic Hour.
- Open for Evening Extra Magic Hours.
Cool off here during the heat of the day. Lines are usually 30 minutes or less, so you don't need to use FastPass+. If you wear a hearing aid, turn it off.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for it's a small world when you visit on a day with a given Magic Kingdom Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will be at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see it's a small world Wait Times.
- Handheld Captioning Available
- Audio Description Devices Available
- Must Transfer To Standard Wheelchair
Disney Dish with Jim Hill
Small World's Crawford Connection
Most people credit Walt Disney with the creation of it's a small world. But we also have screen legend Joan Crawford to thank for bringing the original idea to fruition. Back in the early 1960s, Pepsi-Cola was struggling to come up with a concept for its 1964 World's Fair pavilion. Crawford--the widow of Pepsi chairman Al Steele and a member of the company's board of directors at the time--suggested that her colleagues call up her old friend Walt. When the board later balked at funding what the Imagineers had dreamed up, Crawford stood up and declared, in inimitable Mommy Dearest fashion, "We are going to do this!" And so they did.
Other Attractions in Fantasyland
- Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Mad Tea Party
- Meet Ariel at Her Grotto
- Meet Cinderella and Elena at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Meet Daring Disney Pals as Circus Stars at Pete's Silly Sideshow
- Meet Magnifique Disney Friends as Circus Stars at Pete’s Silly Sideshow
- Meet Rapunzel and Tiana at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Mickey's PhilharMagic
- Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Royal Majesty Makers
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- The Barnstormer
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Walt Disney World Railroad Fantasyland Station
Touring Plans with it's a small world
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Adult One-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Selective One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Dumbo-or-Die-in-a-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Happy Family Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Seniors
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Younger and Older Children
- Magic Kingdom Touring Plan for Families with Pre-Teens
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Grandparents with Small Children
- Magic Kingdom Adult Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Dumbo-or-Die Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Adult Plan-One Afternoon and One Full Day - Full Day
- Magic Kingdom Parents' Plan-One Afternoon and One Full Day - Full Day
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Princess Fans Ages 4 to 8 - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Disney Cruise Guests
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Holiday Version
- Ultimate Touing Plan: Magic Kingdom
- See all Touring Plans...