Description And Comments
An elevated train ride through and around the buildings in Seuss Landing, the Trolley Train is a shorter, distant cousin to the Magic Kingdom's Peoplemover in Tomorrowland. Trains putter along elevated tracks while a voice reads a Dr. Seuss story over the train’s speakers. As each train makes its way through Seuss Landing, it passes a series of simple animatronic characters in scenes that are part of the story being told.
The slow ride around Seuss Landing is pleasant and affords great views of most of the park, including Marvel Super Hero Island. Little tunnels and a few mild turns make this a charming attraction, but a bizarrely high minimum height requirement (raised in recent years to 40") means many in the Trolley's target demographic will be banned from riding.
Note that there are two different train tracks to choose from at the boarding station. As you face the platform, to your left is the Beech track, which is aquamarine; to your right is the Star track, which is purple. If you're riding with a large group, keep your group together if you all want the same experience, since the track on each side offers different visuals and two randomly-selected ride soundtracks.
- This attraction participates in Universal Express.
The line for this ride is much less charming than the attraction. The trains are small, fitting about 20 people, and the loading speed is glacial. Save High in the Sky for the end of the day or ride first thing in the morning.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride! when you visit on a day with a given Universal's Islands of Adventure Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride! Wait Times.
- This attraction has a minimum-height requirement of 40 inches.
40” minimum height requirement.
Other Attractions in Seuss Landing
- If I Ran the Zoo
- Oh! The Stories You'll Hear!
- One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
- The Cat in the Hat
Touring Plans with The High in the Sky Seuss Trolley Train Ride!
- Islands of Adventure One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Islands of Adventure One Day Touring Plan for Seniors
- Islands of Adventure One Day Touring Plan for Tweens
- Islands of Adventure One-Day Plan without Early Entry
- Universal Orlando Two-Day/Two-Park Plan with Early Entry DAY 1/PART 2
- Universal Orlando Two-Day/Two-Park Plan without Early Entry DAY 1/PART 2
- Islands of Adventure One-Day Plan with Early Entry
- See all Touring Plans...
|Wait per 100 people ahead||9 minutes|
When to go
Before 11:30 a.m.
|Scope and scale||Major Attraction|
|Closures / Refurbishments|
Let us know.