Fantasyland is the heart of the Magic Kingdom - a truly enchanting place spread gracefully like a miniature Alpine village beneath the steepled towers of Cinderella Castle.
Fantasyland is divided into three distinct sections. Directly behind Cinderella Castle and set upon a snowcapped mountain is Beast’s Castle, part of a Beauty and the Beast–themed area. Most of this section holds dining and shopping, such as Be Our Guest Restaurant; Gaston's Tavern, a small quick-service restaurant; and a gift shop. The far-right corner of Fantasyland—including Dumbo the Flying Elephant, The Barnstormer featuring the Great Goofini, and the Walt Disney World Railroad - Fantasyland Station is called Storybook Circus as an homage to Disney’s Dumbo film. These are low-capacity amusement park rides appropriate for younger children. A covered seating area with plush chairs, electrical outlets, and USB chargers is available behind Big Top Souvenirs.
The middle of Fantasyland holds the headliners, including Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. The placement of these two attractions allows good traffic flow either to the left (toward Beast’s Castle) for dining, to the right for attractions geared to smaller children, or back to the original part of Fantasyland for classic attractions such as Peter Pan’s Flight and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.
The original part of Fantasyland also hosts the incredibly popular Princess Fairytale Hall meet and greet. Len’s daughter, Hannah, thinks it’s the best character-greeting venue in Walt Disney World. (Lines for the B-list princesses are shorter.)
Finally, when nature (or technology) calls, don’t miss the Tangled-themed restrooms and outdoor seating (with phone-charging stations), near Peter Pan’s Flight.
Also in Fantasyland...
- Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Meet Ariel at Her Grotto
- Meet Cinderella and a Visiting Princess at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Meet Daring Disney Pals as Circus Stars at Pete's Silly Sideshow
- Meet Magnifique Disney Friends as Circus Stars at Pete’s Silly Sideshow
- Meet Rapunzel and a Visiting Princess at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Princess Elena Royal Welcome
- Royal Majesty Makers
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- The Barnstormer
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Walt Disney World Railroad Fantasyland Station
Disney Dish with Jim Hill
BEAUTIFUL FIXTURE, BEASTLY PROBLEM
The enormous chandelier that dangles over the Grand Ballroom in Be Our Guest Restaurant—12 feet tall and 11 feet wide, with 84 candles and 100 jewels—had to be partly disassembled at the last minute to fit through the restaurant’s doors for installation.
- Be Our Guest Restaurant
- Big Top Circus Souvenirs Treats
- Big Top Treats
- Cheshire Cafe
- Fantasyland Ice Cream Cart
- Gaston's Tavern
- Maurice's Amazing Popping Machine
- Pinocchio Village Haus
- Pinocchio Village Haus Ice Cream Cart
- Prince Eric's Village Market
- Storybook Circus Hot Dogs
- Storybook Circus Popcorn & Ice Cream Cart
- Storybook Circus Pretzels
- Storybook Treats
- The Friar's Nook