Subscribe Now: 1 Full Year for Only $14.95!
Get full access to the WDW Crowd Calendar, Lines Mobile App, Touring Plans and More!
"Our TouringPlans subscription was a lifesaver on our trip. One of the busiest days of the year, and we never waited longer than 20 minutes!"
- Smith Family, KY
Fantasyland is the heart of the Magic Kingdom - a truly enchanting place spread gracefully like a miniature Alpine village beneath the steepled towers of Cinderella Castle.
Fantasyland is divided into three distinct sections. Directly behind Cinderella Castle and set upon a snowcapped mountain is Beast’s Castle, part of a Beauty and the Beast–themed area. Most of this section holds dining and shopping, such as Be Our Guest Restaurant; Gaston's Tavern, a small quick-service restaurant; and a gift shop. The far-right corner of Fantasyland—including Dumbo the Flying Elephant, The Barnstormer featuring the Great Goofini, and the Walt Disney World Railroad - Fantasyland Station is called Storybook Circus as an homage to Disney’s Dumbo film. These are low-capacity amusement park rides appropriate for younger children. A covered seating area with plush chairs, electrical outlets, and USB chargers is available behind Big Top Souvenirs.
The middle of Fantasyland holds the headliners, including Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. The placement of these two attractions allows good traffic flow either to the left (toward Beast’s Castle) for dining, to the right for attractions geared to smaller children, or back to the original part of Fantasyland for classic attractions such as Peter Pan’s Flight and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.
The original part of Fantasyland also hosts the incredibly popular Princess Fairytale Hall meet and greet. Len’s daughter, Hannah, thinks it’s the best character-greeting venue in Walt Disney World. (Lines for the B-list princesses are shorter.)
Finally, when nature (or technology) calls, don’t miss the Tangled-themed restrooms and outdoor seating (with phone-charging stations), near Peter Pan’s Flight.
Also in Fantasyland...
- Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Meet Ariel at Her Grotto
- Meet Cinderella & Elena at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Meet Daring Disney Pals as Circus Stars at Pete's Silly Sideshow
- Meet Magnifique Disney Friends as Circus Stars at Pete’s Silly Sideshow
- Meet Rapunzel and Tiana at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Royal Majesty Makers
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- The Barnstormer
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Walt Disney World Railroad Fantasyland Station
Disney Dish with Jim Hill
BEAUTIFUL FIXTURE, BEASTLY PROBLEM
The enormous chandelier that dangles over the Grand Ballroom in Be Our Guest Restaurant—12 feet tall and 11 feet wide, with 84 candles and 100 jewels—had to be partly disassembled at the last minute to fit through the restaurant’s doors for installation.
- Be Our Guest Restaurant (Table Service)
- Big Top Circus Souvenirs Treats (Food Stand or Cart)
- Big Top Treats (Food Stand or Cart)
- Cheshire Cafe (Food Stand or Cart)
- Fantasyland Ice Cream Cart (Food Stand or Cart)
- Gaston's Tavern (Food Stand or Cart)
- Maurice's Amazing Popping Machine (Food Stand or Cart)
- Pinocchio Village Haus (Quick Service)
- Pinocchio Village Haus Ice Cream Cart (Food Stand or Cart)
- Prince Eric's Village Market (Food Stand or Cart)
- Storybook Circus Hot Dogs (Food Stand or Cart)
- Storybook Circus Popcorn & Ice Cream Cart (Food Stand or Cart)
- Storybook Circus Pretzels (Food Stand or Cart)
- Storybook Treats (Food Stand or Cart)
- The Friar's Nook (Quick Service)