Subscribe Now: 1 Full Year for Only $14.95!
Get full access to the WDW Crowd Calendar, Lines Mobile App, Touring Plans and More!
"Our TouringPlans subscription was a lifesaver on our trip. One of the busiest days of the year, and we never waited longer than 20 minutes!"
- Smith Family, KY
Description And Comments
One of the Magic Kingdom’s largest attractions, the Jungle Cruise is an outdoor, group boat ride through some of the world’s best-known tropical waterways. You’ll pass through forest and jungle, populated entirely by animatronic animals (some hostile) and natives.
Jungle Cruise was the park’s signature ride when it opened at Disneyland. With the advent of modern, highly themed zoo environments (including Disney’s Disney's Animal Kingdom), the Magic Kingdom’s version would surely have faded into obscurity were it not for one thing: The boat skippers tell jokes. Actually, “jokes” is a stretch—the skippers tell the cheesiest, most groan-inducing puns you’ve ever heard. If you’re in the right frame of mind, it’s glorious. If not, take heed of this Pelham, Alabama, reader’s warning:
Jungle Cruise severely needs an update. Our tour guide indulged in annoying comedy to make up for the lack of excitement. I would rather have been eaten by the animatronic hippos.
Perhaps to combat this, Disney gives Jungle Cruise a makeover for each Christmas season. Running from early November through early January, the attraction features holiday-themed jokes in the skipper's script, and Christmas items in the queue and around the attraction. Here's a video of the ride experience:
Jungle Cruise is a FastPass+ attraction. Before you make a same-day reservation, however, ask a cast member what the estimated wait in the standby line is. We think the ride is better at night.
Ride Through Video
Jingle Cruise Video
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Jungle Cruise when you visit on a day with a given Magic Kingdom Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will be at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Jungle Cruise Wait Times.
- Handheld Captioning Available
- Assistive Listening Devices Available
- Audio Description Devices Available
- May Remain In Wheelchair/ECV
- Sign Language Interpretation Available
Other Attractions in Adventureland
- Captain Jack Sparrow's Pirate Tutorial
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room
Touring Plans with Jungle Cruise
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Tweens and Their Parents
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Adult One-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Magic Kingdom Happy Family One-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Selective One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Dumbo-or-Die-in-a-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Happy Family Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Seniors
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Younger and Older Children
- Magic Kingdom Touring Plan for Families with Pre-Teens
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Adult Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Adult Plan-One Afternoon and One Full Day - Afternoon
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Dumbo-or-Die Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Sunrise/Starlight Touring Plan for Adults - Sunset Plan
- Magic Kingdom Parents' Plan-One Afternoon and One Full Day - Afternoon
- Magic Kingdom Touring Plan for Junior Pirates and Explorers Ages 4-8
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Junior Pirates and Adventurers Ages 4 to 8 - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Princess Fans Ages 4 to 8
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Princess Fans Ages 4 to 8 - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Adult One-Day Holiday Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Disney Cruise Guests
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for Parents with Small Children (Focus on Treats)
- Magic Kingdom Christmas Party Touring Plan for Parents (Focus on Party Activities)
- Ultimate Touing Plan: Magic Kingdom
- See all Touring Plans...