Subscribe Now: 1 Full Year for Only $14.95!
Get full access to the WDW Crowd Calendar, Lines Mobile App, Touring Plans and More!
"Our TouringPlans subscription was a lifesaver on our trip. One of the busiest days of the year, and we never waited longer than 20 minutes!"
- Smith Family, KY
Description And Comments
Riders whirl feverishly in big teacups. Alice in Wonderland's Mad Hatter provides the theme. Teenagers like to lure adults onto the teacups, then turn the wheel in the middle (making the cup spin faster), until the adults are plastered against the sides and on the verge of throwing up. Unless your life's ambition is to be the test subject in a human centrifuge, don't even consider getting on this ride with anyone younger than age 21.
A reader we've dubbed Melba the Human Centrifuge advises:
If you want to spin your teacup, DO NOT try to put more than three people in one cup.
- This attraction offers FastPass+.
- Open for Morning Extra Magic Hour.
- Open for Evening Extra Magic Hours.
Mad Tea Party is notoriously slow-loading. Ride the morning of your second day if your schedule is more relaxed. Not a good choice for FastPass+.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Mad Tea Party when you visit on a day with a given Magic Kingdom Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will be at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Mad Tea Party Wait Times.
You can make the teacups spin faster by turning the wheel in the center of the cup. Beware if you are prone to motion sickness.
Other Attractions in Fantasyland
- Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- it's a small world
- Meet Ariel at Her Grotto
- Meet Cinderella & Elena at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Meet Daring Disney Pals as Circus Stars at Pete's Silly Sideshow
- Meet Magnifique Disney Friends as Circus Stars at Pete’s Silly Sideshow
- Meet Rapunzel and Tiana at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Mickey's PhilharMagic
- Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- Royal Majesty Makers
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- The Barnstormer
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Walt Disney World Railroad Fantasyland Station
Touring Plans with Mad Tea Party
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Tweens and Their Parents
- Magic Kingdom Happy Family One-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom Happy Family Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Younger and Older Children
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Grandparents with Small Children
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Junior Pirates and Adventurers Ages 4 to 8 - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Princess Fans Ages 4 to 8
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Princess Fans Ages 4 to 8 - Day 1
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children - Day 1
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for Parents with Small Children (Focus on Attractions)
- Ultimate Touing Plan: Magic Kingdom
- See all Touring Plans...