Description And Comments
Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress is a four-act play offering a nostalgic look at how electricity and technology changed the lives of an animatronic family during the 20th century. General Electric sponsored the first version of the show for the 1964 World’s Fair in New York, in keeping with the fair’s theme of progress. The first scene is set around 1900; the second around 1927; the third in the late 1940’s. The fourth scene is allegedly contemporary, but the script’s references to “laser discs” and “car phones” – and the Smithsonian-eligible laptop on the kitchen counter – give away its last major revision in 1993.
Though dated, Carousel of Progress was almost entirely conceived and guided by Walt Disney himself, rare among Magic Kingdom attractions. It is the only Magic Kingdom attraction to display Walt’s optimistic vision of a better future through technology and industry. If you’re interested in the man behind the mouse, this show is a must-see.
- Open for Morning Extra Magic Hour.
Carousel of Progress handles big crowds effectively and is a good choice during busier times of day. Because of its age, it seems to have more minor operational glitches than most attractions, so you may be subjected to the same dialogue and songs several times. Look at it as extra air-conditioning.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress when you visit on a day with a given Magic Kingdom Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress Wait Times.
- Handheld Captioning Available
- Video Captioning Available
- Assistive Listening Devices Available
- Audio Description Devices Available
- May Remain In Wheelchair/ECV
Other Attractions in Tomorrowland
- Astro Orbiter
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Space Mountain
- Stitch's Great Escape!
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
Touring Plans with Walt Disney's Carousel of Progress
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Adult One-Day Touring Plan
- Magic Kingdom One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Magic Kingdom Unofficial Guide Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Adult Plan-One Afternoon and One Full Day - Afternoon
- Magic Kingdom Adult One-Day Holiday Touring Plan
- Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for Parents with Small Children (Focus on Treats)
- Magic Kingdom Adult Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan - Day 2
- Magic Kingdom Two-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors - Day 2
- Ultimate Touing Plan: Magic Kingdom
- See all Touring Plans...