Description And Comments
Animal Actors on Location is a live show featuring performing dogs, birds, pigs, and a menagerie of other animals in a covered outdoor stadium. This show integrates video segments with live sketches, jokes, and animal tricks performed onstage. A human trainer acts as the show's host, explaining how the animals are conditioned to perform the tricks. Several of the animal thespians are veterans of TV and movies; many were rescued from shelters. Featured performers include Marley from Marley & Me and Frank the Pug from Men In Black, though the orangutan who was the show's long-time star has retired. The show usually makes use of audience volunteers (mostly children) in a couple of segments. Sit in the center of the stadium about halfway up for the best chance to be selected.
If you've seen Flights of Wonder at Disney's Animal Kingdom, you'll recognize many of the bird routines in Animal Actors. What sets Animal Actors apart is the use of other kinds of animals, and the opportunity to see the animals being trained on stage. New pet owners (and parents) will note the animals are trained using only positive reinforcement — that is, rewarding the animal when they perform the correct behavior — and no negative reinforcement (punishing for incorrect behavior).
- This attraction participates in Universal Express.
Check the daily entertainment schedule for showtimes. You shouldn’t have any trouble getting into the next performance. The stadium is covered but not enclosed, meaning it'll still be hot during summer and cold during winter. Come to the front of the stage at the conclusion to snap a photo with some of the furry stars.
Blog Posts on Animal Actors on Location:
Other Attractions in Woody Woodpecker's KidZone
- A Day in the Park With Barney
- Curious George Goes to Town
- E.T. Adventure
- Fievel's Playland
- Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster
Touring Plans with Animal Actors on Location
- Universal Studios One-Day Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Universal Studios One-Day Plan for Seniors
- Universal Studios Florida One-Day Plan with Early Entry
- Universal Orlando Two-Day/Two-Park Plan with Early Entry DAY 2/PART 2
- Universal Orlando Two-Day/Two-Park Plan without Early Entry DAY 2/PART 2