Description And Comments
This ride spirals through the 18-story interior of Epcot’s premier landmark, taking visitors past animatronic scenes depicting mankind’s developments in communications, from cave painting to printing to television to space communications and computer networks. The ride shows an amazing use of the geosphere’s interior.
Spaceship Earth’s scenes are periodically refreshed. The most recent include a 1970s-era computer room and a home garage showing what looks suspiciously like the invention of the Apple personal computer (perhaps an homage to Steve Jobs, who before his death was Disney’s largest individual shareholder). Interactive video screens on the ride vehicles allow you to customize the ride’s ending animated video. A postshow area with games and interactive exhibits rounds out the attraction.
- This attraction offers FastPass+.
- Open for Morning Extra Magic Hour.
- Open for Evening Extra Magic Hours.
Because it’s near Epcot’s main entrance, Spaceship Earth attracts arriving guests throughout the morning. If you want to ride Soarin’ and Test Track, try to get a FastPass+ reservation for around 1 p.m. You should be almost done with Future World’s attractions by then and ready to head to World Showcase. Or, if you plan on spending the afternoon in Future World and don’t want to use FastPass+, try Spaceship Earth after 3 p.m.
This chart shows you roughly how long you'll wait for Spaceship Earth when you visit on a day with a given Epcot Crowd Level. The blue bars represent the average "peak" wait time (that is, how long the line will at its busiest). The bottom and top black lines represent the range of peak wait times to expect (for you fellow nerds out there: it's the 5th percentile and 95th percentile of peak wait times). Please note that these are estimates, and for a better forecast for your travel dates, see Spaceship Earth Wait Times.
- We rate this attraction as Not To Be Missed.
If lines are long when you arrive, try again after 4 p.m.
Other Attractions in Future World
- Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival
- Ellen's Energy Adventure
- Journey Into Imagination With Figment
- Living with the Land
- Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot
- Mission: SPACE Green
- Mission: SPACE Orange
- Test Track
- The Circle of Life
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Turtle Talk with Crush
Touring Plans with Spaceship Earth
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Tweens and Their Parents
- Epcot Two-Day Touring Plan for Active Seniors - Day 1
- Epcot One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Late Arrival One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Unofficial Guide Two-Day Sunrise/Starlight Touring Plan - Starlight
- Epcot Late Arrival Selective One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot Two-Day Late Arrival Touring Plan for Adults - Day 1
- Epcot One-Day Holiday Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot One-Day Not-A-Touring-Plan Plan for Parents and Adults
- Epcot Late Arrival Not-A-Touring-Plan Plan for Parents and Adults
- Epcot Disney Cruise One-Day Highlights Touring Plan
- Epcot Morning Touring Plan
- Epcot Afternoon Touring Plan for Future World
- Ultimate Touring Plan: Epcot
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Adults
- Epcot Unofficial Guide Two-Day Sunrise/Starlight Touring Plan - Sunrise
- Epcot One-Day Touring Plan for Parents with Small Children
- Epcot Early Riser Two-Day Touring Plan - Day 2
- Parent's Epcot Plan:1 Afternoon and 1 Full Day (Afternoon)
- See all Touring Plans...